Disable COVID-19 bonuses?

1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭

At this point, they make game unfun. They made HS and MH mods useless, Sojourner medal worthless (not saying about horrible drones impact on this medal), and lonely agents bored of waiting whole 20 days for portals to discharge. Maybe it's enough?

Tagged:

Comments

• Hulk32Hulk32 ✭✭✭

Yes please! It's about time.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

its time to switch this off now, but by all means keep the recharge for sojourner a little longer maybe ? but the double r8 and rest.. turn off plzz...

• Yes, I also think that in some regions it leads to quite a lot of boredom. But there are also other corners where things are not going so well. For me personally I would say, in Germany you could Turn that off, for the rest of the world I would not put my hand in the fire.

• I like the virtual FS when there's something more to do than just recharging. Like I hosted a Wayfarer orientated FS this month and it was great. Obviously we all did recharging first and then cracked on with reviewing.

I agree that some sort of hack or drone event for a week would be cool though. I've not been able to do much with the game this year. The Didact challenge earlier this year, prior to the covid situation, was probably the last time I actually played for more than 10-15 minutes, and that was whilst I was in the middle of chemotherapy, so some sort of other virtual event would be pretty cool.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

yes ihave suggested virtual mission day with drones or global optima drones.. no response sadly from niantic :( Pokemon is getting a huge pogo fest @home in few weeks where anyone can play safe from home, we should get some event global too that we can play safe from home....

• Since the US is still in the first wave, and Niantic is an American country, I doubt you'll see this removed any time soon.

Alternatively, have your mission day at home, since drones don't get you off the couch.

• YURI5KYURI5K ✭✭

with playerbase decline double R8 is a thing that should stay permanently.

• I say, that if this reduced decay is gonna last much longer, I need a SIGNIFICANT higher drop-rate of ADA, so i can **** of my fields and play on. Fielding once every three weeks is just NOT FUN. That to say, it quickly became so little fun, that I've stopped fielding completely. I just forget that I can, even after the decay. I'm just sitting on my hilltop recharging my regular set of PITA portals every 2 weeks (used to to do it twice a week), and barely opens the scanner in between.

Some change needs to come around, soon, or I end up with nothing but Harry Potter @home and no fun.

• I reside in N. Fl. & at this time we are one of the major epicenters with the most deaths, and new infections daily as this plague skyrockets by Doubling or Tripling in new cases daily!! So please keep the Sojourner/ Recharger for a Hack, for now .. Also I as well as some of the others believe that the double 8’s should be redacted back to 1-8Res per deploy because you get an area where there are a lot of players from 1 faction who are basically making every single portal an 8, and it’s basically like 8 Farms that cover square miles upon miles, which is next to impossible to **** especially if they have more than 3 people on each portal, and makes it not very fun or fair when you try and neutralize, but all 3 or more people are recharging on any of these portals....

• KhatreKhatre ✭✭✭✭✭

this ! Can't play as i would need so many adas....

and double r8 is boring too. infinite stuff isn't a challenge

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭

How much will we suffer of boredom and partly ruined strategy yet?

• KhatreKhatre ✭✭✭✭✭

,those cheated bonus and boring decay have been there for too long now.

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020

@ace hey there, as you're back in touch, could you please provide some kind of timeline? Because over there in Europe these bonuses make the game boring for lonely rural players and ruin game economics. Can they be disabled locally at least?

• WikiBlueWikiBlue ✭✭✭

Indeed, the current decay is making it very very boring and not fun at all.

I know it is a Covid thing, but it also works the other way around... now we have to move much further away and for a longer period of time if we still want to capture and field....

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

i hope niantic brian soon shares info when this bonus will end ?

• The extremely slow portal decay rate is killing the game, I must admit.

• I can take or leave any of the bonuses but the slow decay is sloooooow then there’s no froggies around

• grsmhikergrsmhiker ✭✭✭
    edited August 2020

It's a downward spiral. If fewer people are able to play due to lockdowns, they hack fewer cubes, but are stuck at home where they can spend more time recharging. In areas where the public is moving about in limited fashion, gameplay is boring because players are staying in local areas and not venturing into other players' territory. That means everybody has to wait 3 weeks until fields decay before they can play in their local park again.

The solution should be to increase cube output slightly, to make up for restricted movement, and let portals decay normally. That way, players stuck at home have the means (via cubes hacked by their drone) to recharge via xm from cubes while the rest of us can play.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020

exactly, it leads to even more static gameplay in those areas. nobody wants wait 3 weeks in their area for portals to decay.. and if someone recharges them u can wait months and the portals are still not dead.. this just leads to more players quitting the game. guess niantic has no intentions judging nobody has answered this thread not turning off this bonus anytime soon.

• Decay rate.....is horrid, this needs to change fast. Like go back to 15% (7d) or go for 10%(10d) or 7%(14d)

Have drone increase hack output for cubes

introduce mods that altar decay rates

be able to sell jarvis and ada bundles in store, if niantic not gonna speed up the decay then at least compensate it plus it still makes em $$$$ for them

tbh only issue i have atm is the decay rates Ugh