2020.08.12 YouTube Public Discussion

cheatchcheatch ✭✭✭
edited August 2020 in The Investigation

This topic is for the public discussion of the 3 YouTube videos set to public on Aug 11 2020

The Ingress YouTube channel has been quiet since the conclusion to Essex's "The Tessellation"

Yesterday 3 videos were set to public, I'm not sure when they were originally published or if they were just 'unlisted' the entire time. They were not 'reuploaded' videos because the old comments are still there. All three have "Ingress Report" or was from the "Ingress Report"

1) INGRESS REPORT | TOAST

2) Glyph Sequences Emerge on Scanner Devices | INGRESS REPORT - EP47

3) Ingress Report - Become a field agent!

Comments

• cheatchcheatch ✭✭✭

BTW, I'd like to give a quick toast to Hank Johnson

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

Toast video came out on April Fools Day in 2019.

The other Ingress Report videos have comments from 7 years ago.

• cheatchcheatch ✭✭✭

Ya, I remember the Toast one last year, I'm not sure if they are 'unlisting' the video in YouTube and setting them back to 'public' to give it a new date

I found a method to get the original date (Feb 27 2014) of 2) Glyph Sequences Emerge on Scanner Devices | INGRESS REPORT - EP47

• ArkFangArkFang ✭✭✭✭✭

The explanation I’ve seen floating around from a Vanguard is that the videos were previously not listed publicly even though they should have been. At first they just made them Public which also changed their Uploaded Date and views. However, it sounds like there were more videos that were made Public via the backend, and will now appear in the video list and playlists as their original Upload Date and not give notifications to Subscribers.

In other words, YouTube goofed (and possibly NIA) but Ingress Report will likely NOT be coming back at this time. The videos were just being made public so info is more easily accessed and we shouldn’t read anything into the situation.