Ingress 2.53.2 Release Notes

What’s New

• We’ve made improvements to better handle slow data connections, which should make the Ingress app more reliable in areas with poor signal strength.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed: When no data connection is detected, the FIRE button on the XMP carousel is disabled, consistent with disabling other menu options.

• Fixed: If enabled, Battery Saver Mode should work on app start without opening Settings.

• Fixed: Scout Controller displays the Recursed codename flair only for Recursed Agents.

• Fixed: On iOS, we no longer defer system gestures from the lower edge of the screen.

Comments

• ikaros02ikaros02 ✭✭✭✭

Fixed: Scout Controller displays the Recursed codename flair only for Recursed Agents.

I think it would be nice to have some kind of special codename flair for Scout Controller. A special flair for subscribers has been hinted at and I think a laurel or a trophy could be a nice extra to display next to the Controller's codename.

• When will IOS 14 be supported, starting to miss the game

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope @NianticBrian can help us fix somthing unique for Scout Controller on codname. 1 place we get gold 2 we get silver 3 bronze.

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for your response, and apologies for the bi-weekly 60fps spam. It's one of those features that seems easy to implement, but of course I'm not a developer. Who knows what goes on in the background.

• Game freezing when charging. Game freezing in general.

Give us back decay of 15%. No point in reducing decay when droprate of Pc/Hc increased.

COMM is bugged.

Adventur sync soon? Pissing on players who walk for 10km, and only 3 gets logged.

• RostwoldRostwold ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for listening to iOS users on the system gestures, it's really appreciated.

• Please fix the load times. iPhone SE Model A1723 load time is 110 seconds. Yes, that’s one minute and fifty seconds!

Pokemon GO on same phone loads in 13 seconds.

I know I can buy a newer iPhone and have Ingress load in 5-10 seconds. And I did, and it did. But I prefer to play Ingress on 1st gen iPhone SE due to form factor.

• "we no longer defer system gestures from the lower edge of the screen."

So glad the backpedaled on that. Number 1 pet peeve since it was added.

• I want to change my main google account on my ingress account

I added Facebook to delete my previous google account, then added a new Google account

everything works for me, but logging in to the game via the old google account is still possible...

so I can use 2 or more google accounts to log in to my main account

can you fix this? I don't want my old Google account to be used to log in to the game

@NianticBrian

• I agree with you!😘😘

Thank you, @NianticBrian, for the new updates information!!!!

And be on the lookout for a new updates of Ingress Prime with a new design weapons, like Energy drinks, including "Gatorade", coming soon, which is why I saw a vision of the future about "Ingress 3.0"!!

And we can enjoy celebrate 10 years of Niantic, inc.!!

• Otra actualización...

• Is it possible to leave rainbow XM as an optional feature in the game

• DestroyerTJDestroyerTJ ✭✭✭✭✭
  • DestroyerTJDestroyerTJ ✭✭✭✭✭

@NianticBrian and again, why update for 10-20-30-?? k people roll out so long? 2.52 we wait 5 days in google store😯😯😯 thx

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm all for 60fps mode, but please fix the bugs that are ruining the game. Since a few patches, issues have returned with portals not loading. Yesterday I was fielding with Apex, and had to restart the game 7 times. I'll be riding my bike to the next portal, and I see the links/fields that are attached to it, but the portal doesn't load. Restarting the game is the only way to fix it.

There also is another bug now that lets you click on everything in the game, except portals on the scanner, and you cannot rotate the view. Menu's work, inventory works, but you can't select portals or deploy stuff.

I'm also very stunned by the fact that you are now prohibiting the burster stacking (or attempting to, I think the people that use second phones with hotspots will still be able to do it, I hope I'm wrong though) but are still not preventing GPS lock. I never understood why that mechanic is in the game when it's considered cheating. Of all the things you could do, preventing people to turn off their gps to be locked in place on android should definitely be on the top of that list, imho.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020

even on samsung s10+ startup times is like 30 seconds or more sometimes, on redacted i was inside the game less then 10 seconds.. since im forced to do several restarts daily thats alot of time just to wait for the scanner to start :(