New users unable to attach images, links or reply to posts.

See title above. Users cannot quote others, put links or add images to posts. That seems hugely limiting and likely will deter newer users of the forum.

Comments

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

This is to prevent spam. Be patient and comment.

• ArtilectZedArtilectZed ✭✭✭✭✭

You can reply to a post at level 1 @Zaltys , you just did it.

• ZaltysZaltys ✭✭✭

Add one more to the list: can't even report posts, got the same error message for trying that ('new users can't link').

(I edited one of my posts, and somehow it duplicated the message, showing both the old and the edited version. So I tried to flag it, and found out that *-users can't do that...)

• PSratPSrat ✭✭

Require level 2 for posting links could be acceptable, but why can't we quote someone at level 1? It make it harder to see context on a discussion with high traffic, as @LadyXara mentioned. And, as @Zaltys said, not giving a correct error message mange it even less understandable for the poster.

In short, my request is : keep level 2 requirement for posting links in your own posts, if absolutely necessary, but let level 1 members quote others. And if you let us do that, don't regard quoted links as the poster's own fit the purpose of requiring level 2 for links.

• Agreed. All it does is lock a huge part of forums behind a level and makes an already new interface to many more uncomfortable. I know many who aren't joining for reasons such as this.

• Faced with the same problem: could not appeal for the portal removal, because I can not attach any proves to my question.

• starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭✭

It's ridiculous, isn't it!

• ThaldeonThaldeon ✭✭✭

hate the fact that i can't quote other users :(