This portal decay rate is killing the game for a lot of agents...

M42M42 ✭✭✭

Couple that with increased AP for resonator charging and it's almost impossible to let portals decay. Especially in an area that's dominated by your own faction.

I know a few agents that can't do anything local because there's no opposition in their area and the portals are taking 3 weeks to decay (if they aren't recharged) So they're getting bored with the game and just walking away. I'd never do that, I love the game too much, but it's sad see agents walking away due to boredom when I really can't see a reason for a 5% portal decay rate. I'd really like it to go back to 15% or even 10%.

Comments

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

yes turn it off please...

• GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭

In our city, agents who have a whole farm under the window act for the end of bonuses. It makes them angry that anyone can collect as many items from the portal as they do. The rest of the agents do not care whether there are bonuses or not ...

• PangarbanPangarban ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree. In my country we are allowed out as long as we don't go near others and wear facemasks indoors. I have begun to play again, but don't have much opposition in my area. Normally, I could cap and link up a village and visit again after a week. Now I'm getting frustrated because I have to wait three weeks to revisit.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020

I must admit, that even here in NZ, I am getting a little bored. Though do like that I don't have to be constantly recharging.

However, being forced out to go gear farming to be able to recharge portals is good incentive enough.

Still enjoy ingress more than Catan, even Wizards and pogo

Post edited by Grogyan on
  • EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

Wish decay would go back to normal. Field stuff up with zero shields, watch it decay over the course of 2.5 weeks, then suddenly another agent of my faction shows up and recharges everything to "help" our side out...

So many goofy links shot all over teh place, nothing ever decays....

I used to play daily on the way to and from work. Now I work from home 95% of the time. And now it really doesn't matter, because I have to wait 3 weeks for stuff to decay...

• Def agree it’s time to pull the at home implementation. We have drones, drop the reso bump and restore the decay.

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

Years ago there was a suggestion to accelerate portal discharge if the portal lies within a control field in order to let agents play a bit more under a permafield. Adding the anchors is not a bad idea the way I see it, although recharging just the anchors is easy.

Increasing decay in linked portals (the same way links raise portal mitigation) is also a good point.

• Honestly I am enjoying the double deploy as we are the minor faction in our big city and it helps. But with drone hacking, I dont mind if this goes away along with the decay rate. If anything they should keep is that recharging keeps the Sojourner count as many players still might not get a chance to have daily access with lockdowns happening in and out.

But definitely get rid of slow decay rates and bring it back to how it was before.

• 2 weeks decay is ok but more than that. Ugh that was torture. Please change it

or at least introduce some mods that accelerate or delay decay

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

Nopers. Drones are not the answer to the decay issue. Even allowing the hacking for gear is annoying and against the overall spirit of the game. Further enhancing drones to do much more than some sort of a simulated / virtual event (such as a MD or some sort of an anomaly) is basically disgusting to this game. Unless @ace believes that Ingress should now be a sit at home and play type of game. And if we go that way, I'm done.

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

There are still parts of the world where COVID-19 is on the increase and people should not be encouraged to get together with others for a game.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

@NianticBrian can we get an update when to expect this to end? thanks.

• You missed my point. I’m not saying further enhance drones or increase the at home experience, I am saying drones address the reason for decreasing the decay and increasing reso drops. Players can hack and do some play without leaving so remove the perks already.

• PangarbanPangarban ✭✭✭✭✭

Great suggestion. I've had the same idea. It makes sense in the game: the more links and MU a portal is supporting, the more energy it should take and thus decay the portal faster.

Yes it's true that anchors could still be recharged, but it would take a bit more work to keep up permafields.