WayfaRED...

I will start by asking you to excuse my English.

"I open it and I find a dark and blurred photo of a gnome in a private garden. My doubt: I must reject it because.. maybe because of the quality of the image, maybe because it is a private residence, or maybe because it is not really a gnome and it is a crouched guy who has made himself a hat with a newspaper."

Tomorrow, it will be a wayspot.

How should you vote now in the Wayfarer to avoid ending up in red? It is an open question, because I am marked as RED for 3 months, and the more I tried to go up, the more and more I went down.

I contacted Niantic several times, and the response was always the same: You don't vote well, do it better.

I attached not duplicated… quadruple Wayspot! screens asking for a fifth wayspot, I attached screens of wayspots that are inside homes, wayspots that do not have pedestrian access, and they answered the same again: You don't vote well, do it better.

10 days ago I started (confused) a personal project to see what I was doing wrong.

I dedicate myself to skipping proposals every day, and I only vote for logical name changes like:

Ø The Bridge on the River Kwai

O Brigde onfhe riber pewdiekwai hehe

With this method, collected in an excel, I have achieved a + 260% pass rate (May the skips count as success) and you can see it reflected in this image.

Today, I contacted Niantic again to show them my progress, and, with 10 days of + 100% agreements (260%), why I am still red.

You know the answer, right? Yes, all together ... You don't vote well, do it better.

I only know that I ask people from the PoGo community, who have been voting for weeks, and they have their wayfinder golden medal. I am still locked in a red prison for committing the crime of voting following the rules.

I don't know if I am asking for help or just crying... but thank you guys for your time.

Comments

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

Same here, looks like the only people that stayed green was because they just quitted before going down.

I quitted the very second OPR was closed up and Wayfarer was opened up. All the time invested into trying to fix what PoGO players were doing using Ingress accounts trhough OPR was just thrown away that day.

Now location edits are disabled and this is Niantic just trying to force players to only create new spots, but the damage is done and I don't believe they intend to look for a fix.

They didn't even fix the gap between OPR agreements and OPR badge...

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020

U get red if u follow the criteria, thats why so many go red and lose interest voting when u see so many bad portals in wayfarer if u vote according to critera etc u fall down red, only way is to upvote even garbage poi and thats bad, so the backlogg just makes it even longer to wait.. i wait soon 2 months for portals.. before i got response within a week or so... crazy in old opr i was always green maybe once yellow but never red before i got my onyx medal there....

sadly i dont know how to fix this flawed system, is it even possible?

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

It is possible, but would require a lot of effort and I don't think anybody is willing to waste more time on this.

From Niantic's side, you could:

-Revert POI database to a pre-Wayfarer backup.

-Track an punish bad actors (a new TR system would be required).

-Automatically revert any action taken by punished bad actors.

With this steps you would achieve a general fix and then again the problems solved by Wayfarer would come up again since Ingress factions would just start de war again.

So, no, there is no chance in hell this can ever be fixed.

"This is a gentlemen game played by kids".

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

Mix up the stars you give for title/text, history/culture etc. Don't do five stars all across for accepts.

• ArtilectZedArtilectZed ✭✭✭✭✭

I 1-starred a submission of a Pokemon GO ball cap with the red teams logo on it yesterday and got a cool down. I'm done with Wayfarer. Forever plat.

• M42M42 ✭✭✭