Global Pandemic Mission Day - ADA Driven Mission
While discussing Mission Days with some SoCal locals, I had an idea for how we could do a socially-distanced, pandemic Mission Day globally.
Concept: The idea is that a Mission Day mission simply consists of hacking 6 consecutive portals. Now yes, in a given location, it's used to educate people about the area around them. But ultimately, you're completing a set of missions by hacking portals in a set.
So what if the set could be created on-the-fly based on choosing a starting portal? It can be called an ADA Driven Mission. This wouldn't be a traditional Mission Day in the sense that you're going to an area, but rather, that you can choose where to start your missions, and have the system generate 5 other selections of portals to hack. Lorewise, ADA would be providing you with a mission to complete.
Each ADA Driven Mission would simply be you providing a starting point, and then moving around your local area. You might even discover new things by going to a portal you'd never gone to before.
- Initiate the "ADA Driven Mission"
- Select a portal within view, similar to selecting a drone movement.
- That portal, and 5 others selected by the game, become a mission, hack in any order.
- By completing the mission you get a mission icon, possibly simply a number based on the number of ADA Driven Missions you've done. E.g. 1 for the first, 100 for the 100th.
- Completing 6 missions over the course of the weekend would give you credit for the event.
- People can complete as many of them as they want during the weekend.
- Anyone in the world could get a Mission Day credit for it.
- Run the event every 3rd weekend of the month (or some other weekend choice, not FS) until pandemic restrictions are lifted.