I have a few questions about beacons:

GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2020 in General

Beacons are a good idea, great, something new and amazing. Finally, the program deserves 5 stars in Google Play! Continue in the same spirit! 

But I have a few questions about beacons:

1. Why are Enlight and Resist shaking hands on the beacon? Don't Nia understand that we have a game about a confrontation between two factions, аnd all sorts of events for joint play only make it worse?
  2. What is the point of investing resources in protecting one portal if during this time it is possible to bypass several streets? Moreover, the increase in dropped items will be, as some people say, for both factions.
  3. Why in quarantine conditions do many people gather under the same portal?
  4. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwFIw4kHz8M&t Are you sure that no one will do what I did in my time on this video (where I showed how up to 15 bombs can be fired in 1 second) ???
  5. Where is the confidence that this event will be fair? Without players flown to the portal, how are the Pokémon players on the raid?

Please accept my apologies if I am wrong somewhere or am mistaken in something.

Comments

• ArkFangArkFang ✭✭✭✭✭

For the shaking hands one, I believe it’s because the end result of the Battle Beacon in that instance was a tie, neither faction was victorious, so it basically forced a Truce. The shaking hands probably resembles the Neutral result, but if one faction wins the symbol will be different.

As for the others idk, just throwing my hat in the ring for the first one.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

3. Quarantine isn't the standard in life and the feature was in development months before it. Also, the portal range is 40m, is more than enough space. If the devs are forbidden to develop new features just because the quarantine, then they should just shut down the entire game.

• GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭

There are, for example, portals near which there is very little free space.

I meant a place where you can stand.

• Torron54Torron54 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

3. do you shut your engine when you are waiting at a red light?

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

It's been some time now that Niantic has been trying to make Ingress more Pokemon GO alike. This is the same concept of raids.

The moment there is a prize for these battles, spoofers will become wellcome, multiaccounters will become wellcome and cheater moves like XMP stacking will become the normal thing to do.

Just like Pokemon GO.

• Torron54Torron54 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

The moment there is a location based game, spoofers are welcome. The moment there is a game, multiaccounters and cheaters are welcome.

If hacking didn’t exist before and now they develop it, whining like this will be everywhere because, yes, of course spoofing, multiaccounting, and cheating beat honest playing in every possible feature a location based game has to offer.

Post edited by Torron54 on
  • WikiBlueWikiBlue ✭✭✭

XMP stacking is going to be a problem, it's been used several times to cheat down some of our farms overhere. I'm sure that this agent will use that cheat for beacons aswell... But maybe it will be different if the oponents are standing a few m further.

• GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭

We already have people who can knock out 8 very rare shields in 3 seconds. Then you deliver the shields again, and they again knock out 4 shields. And this is despite the fact that there are agents nearby. I can talk about it because I regularly saw it half a year ago. I am in favor of combat beacons, but while there is a game with the help of modified clients and arrived players, it will be "beating" honest players by cheaters. Not fair play.

• WikiBlueWikiBlue ✭✭✭

Yes, that's what i'm saying. I only hope they won't use it for battle beacons because they know that other players are nearby.

Knocking down lvl8 farms with 4 aegis and 3 agents recharching with hypercubes.... In around 4-5 seconds, that is already bad enough.