Ingress 2.52.1 Release Notes

This release focused on fixing Agent-reported issues with the Ingress app and Mission Authoring Tool.

Bug fixes

• Fixed softlock when recharging Portals after removing a Portal Key from a Key Locker or Capsule more than once, and after recycling a Portal Key
  • Fixed Mission Authoring Tool access for Ingress accounts created with Ingress Prime
  • Updated Mission Authoring Tool with options to Sign in with Apple, Facebook, or Google
  • Only show Portal Scanning tutorial once instead of before each Portal Scan
  • Show loading icon on Portal Keys until Resonator health has finished loading
  • On iOS, Medal achievements should now pop up on the Map Screen
  • Fixed haptics or vibration duration when approaching a Mission waypoint
  • Updated COMM activity message when Fireworks are used

Comments

• NaruwasherNaruwasher ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give 60 fps mode

@NianticBrian Thank you for finally fixing the long awaited Mission Authoring Tool.

It has been over 2 weeks and I am hoping you keep up with your word and seriously consider revising the requirements of Scout Controller badge. As I have previously said, no one is going to go out of their way to get Scans done. I am certain that I along with a lot of other agents have only done it so far to unlock the badge but anything beyond that at this point is just pushing it. As I have said before, 15,000 unique portal scans basically suggest that you do portal scans even when you are travelling. This is certainly not going to be possible to achieve with the 200 scans limit to every 13 days. So if I am travelling (with limited data), I would rather spend the little time I do play Ingress to either capture/hack unique portals (which takes about a second to do) or doing mission banners. I am pleading you to kindly revise the requirements for Scout Controller. I understand that you wanted the medal to be significantly harder to achieve than Scout but this medal also requires you to claim scout controller status on an existing portal to actually get credit for it. Reiterating what I said 2 weeks ago, the current tier requirements are neither feasible nor realistic.

I know it was said in the previous update that activities was fixed to prevent it from scrolling to the oldest activity instead of the newest one but the issue still persists on iOS. I am using iOS 13 on iPhone Xs if that helps. I tried reinstalling the game several times and also tried clearing my cache but all efforts were in vain. Please look into it?

Post edited by Naruwasher on
  • GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭

but where are the battle beacons we are waiting for so much?

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

@NianticBrian does this also help with a large number of Portal Scans failing to upload? Which means an entire day's worth of scans are scrapped

And moving the uploading to a background process?

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

I had 15FPS in Ingress Classic once upon a time. It was unplayable

• dfau1tdfau1t ✭✭✭

Finally, achievement screen on iOS! Thanks!!!)

And for tradition, give us 60 fps mode! ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

• ItsutsumeItsutsume ✭✭✭

BUGS

1. Sorting by name still doesn't work. Only works once after the game is started and you go to keys. Exit keys, or move around, or hack something, and sorting by name will not work anymore until the game is restarted.

2. Sorting by distance also doesn't work properly. It seems that the key it uses for reference needs to be at the top and off screen. (I think we need a carousel so that the game knows which portal is selected, which should fix both issues. Why did they remove the carousel just for keys?)

3. "XM reserves critical, XM drained, scanner offline, resonators recharged, XM acquired, XM reserves online, scanner online, good work" when charging.

4. When charging portals, sometimes they are not shown on the screen.

5. Magnetic arrow on devices without compass doesn't point North. Instead, the avatar is rotated when map is rotated. Need to leave avatar pointing up and the arrow should rotate with map, like it was in Redacted.

6. When viewing remote portals, sometimes get notifications that links/fields were created or destroyed or get portal attack sounds and animations even if it was hours ago and no one is currently in that area.

7. When recharging portals, sometimes when there's less than 1000 XM left to full charge, regular charge will take way less than 1000 XM, maybe about 500-600 XM, even though the portal is within a few miles and regular charges before that were taking about 1000 XM as they should.

8. When picking up items, Acquire button is not grayed out if the item is out of range like it was Redacted. It's quite annoying to press it only to find out you're out of range and then have to find the item you want to pick up again when it's next to some portals.

9. While viewing agents' stats, can't scroll if I press on mission badges. I have to press on something else in order to scroll.

10. When taking items out of or putting items into capsules (regular or quantum) it shows incorrect item count. For example, if I have 2000 items and want to take 2 items out of a capsule, it would show 2002/2000. If I want to put 2 items into a capsule, it would show 1998/2000. Once transfer is completed, it would show 2000/2000 again.

11. When pressing on a portal that's close to another portal or portals, the portal selection menu appears for a moment and then disappears. Pressing on that portal the second time shows the selection menu, and this time it stays.

12. COMMs now don't go to the last activity. I just upgraded to 2.51.1, and my COMMs are stuck on activity 3 days ago. I have to manually scroll down, but when I exit COMMs and go back in, I'm still at the activity 3 days ago. This was the issue in the previous version also.

13. Mentioned by someone else - incorrect photo zoom/view. Keys don't properly show portrait photos, full screen photos don't properly show landscape photos. Also, Redacted had ability to rotate screen when viewing photos so both landscape and portrait photos can be viewed full screen.

FEATURES

1. No portal hopping like in Redacted. We could look at a portal from alerts or actions, then press on a portal nearby, and if we had a key to it, we could "hop" to it, and continue hopping as long as we had keys to nearby portals.

2. Is it possible to get rid of "It has been XX hours since your last login. I was getting worried about you"? Sounds like overly attached girlfriend. No, we don't need to change that to Jarvis voice, it will be even creepier. "It has been XX hours since you last login" by itself is OK, but I never understood the point of it.

3. Can’t see own actions in COMMs. We were able to see our actions in COMMs in Redacted.

4. According to Intel Map, neutral portals are level 0. In Prime, neutral portals are shown as level 1 when looking at keys. Is it possible to make them be shown as level 0?

FIXED:

1. When scrolling thru keys, they jump around and show some keys twice.

2. Need some indicator, like red circle in Redacted, to know where North is, especially considering that portal view randomly rotates either clockwise or counterclockwise.

3. Considering that sometimes it takes several seconds to load portal data when looking at keys, is it possible to NOT show portal level at all until data gets loaded? Currently it would show level 1, then whatever level it actually is after data gets loaded.

4. Can't scroll in COMMs as after a few seconds it takes you back to the bottom.

• Was the rollout of 2.52.1 paused? Because some people still don't received it.

And I suffered tons of hangs during recharge and sometimes unresponsive screen, can't access portal, but yes inventory. This with 2.52.1 wich was installed Friday night.

Now I'm back into 2.51.1 to avoid this problems.

Thanks

@NianticBrian @NianticOfficial

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

Where are 2.52.1? No update in Google Play Store. @NianticBrian

• DestroyerTJDestroyerTJ ✭✭✭✭✭

👿👿👿👿👿👿👿

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

Judging by the amount of new bugs reported on 2.52... I better won't update

• RostwoldRostwold ✭✭✭✭✭

No iOS update either... but the good news is that the Mission Authoring fix doesn't require 2.52, I've been able to log in at https://missions.ingress.com on my desktop computer with no problems.

Thanks for finally sorting this one out, Niantic!

• Just got the update on iOS

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

Android update is out for many now.

• ikaros02ikaros02 ✭✭✭✭

I haven't been able to reproduce the bug number 10 on 2.51.1 or 2.52.1.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Android update arrived this morning for me too

• Timing in Comm is now in am/pm format?

• There should be the option to select the desired fps. As much as the device supports it.

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

Finally got the new update, though seeing an issue right after I started using it. When trying to manage my xmps after doing a tap hack, I get this. I was able to duplicate it, but it doesn't happen each time. Only thing I can do is force close the app and re-open it. Hoping this isn't some new bug that we have to struggle through for the next 2 weeks waiting for an updated client to fix this.

As usual,

Samsung S9

Android 10

One UI Version 2.0

Android Security Patch level May 1, 2020

• ItsutsumeItsutsume ✭✭✭

There should be a checkbox "Should ADA be worried about you?" ☺️

• Hi guys thank you for the update, i want to know if you can please fix the problem with the chat function?, when i want to see the activities, the scanner puts me up in the middle of the chat, and after a update i can't see the last activities in the game in my town, and i want to know if you can, can you please fix and syncronice the sound effect when the aureola emerge from my avatar, i talking about the circle that emerge from the avatar and expanding in the field, when circle emerge the sound appears later, i love this effect from redacted, it's the only sound i always hear, and the last thing, some players love the japanese voice of ADA, in redacted we were able before to change the voice, i would be nice, if we can have back again that function