How flawed and inefficient has Niantic's support become?

Sagitario14Sagitario14 ✭✭✭
edited July 2020 in General

In less than a week, several international trips to different countries in South America.

This player used the previous account @Alitaaa (3xa) doing the same and had been banned, but created a new account and continued to cheat.

Trekker: 18km

Explorer: 5.414

Pioneer: 5.184

Mission badges from all countries of South America.

Comments

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

just keep reporting them and maybe they will get tired to create new accs that get banned fast.

• It's very bad when Niantic does nothing about it, and spoofers continues multiplying.

This didn't unlocked Trekker badge, playing in a University that was closed because of the corona and several states of Brazil.

I do not want believe in what I readed in the oficial page of Ingress on Twitter, one bad player laughing with a print screen showing a joystick-fakeGPS and saiyng that now Niantic is a Pro-cheater. @NianticBrian

• Did you try Trusted Reporters?

• I thought they only review things about BAF destroyed by cheaters.

• They review spoofers. Any spoofers. As long as you can show evidence.

• liyu1liyu1 ✭✭✭

https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/6853/trusted-reporter-program-resumes/p1

Submission thru telegram:

-Enlightened: @IngressEnlTRBot

-Resistance: @IngressResTRBot

if your ENL you pick the enlightened bot , if your RES pick the resistance bot.

you'll need to submit an action and timestamp from the COMM. . U can add proof of the actual travel time with google.

And it works. We recently banned a spoofer that way. (not as bad as yours, but unrealistic travel speeds)

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

Send portal scans that take forever, review portal subs and hope for the best, report identified cheaters and hope for the best...

When are we suposed to play? Isn't this suposed to be a game? When did this become a full time job?

About spoofers, instead of forcing eveyone to go through TR, wouldn't be easier to tell the players what exaclty a ticket needs to ve a valid report? Am I the only one who thinks the TR system is very inneficient as a solution?

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

many dont like the TR system as its not really effective from what i hear and spoofers still roam free....

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

Because NIA Ops are bad at processing spoof reports.

Trusted reporter =Ban

NIA Ops, same report = No ban

This is using same format for both

IGN, Portal, Coords, date, time, UTC offset.

If we are wasting our time using the Help System Niantic, (which we appear to be), please confirm it so we don't have to report everything twice.

• WikiBlueWikiBlue ✭✭✭

Since they updated the support tool towards bots auto answerring you and closing the tickets it became completely useless indeed.

• I never receive an answer from TR system. Do I see when I get in the Ingress support?

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish the trusted reporters could be used for other player behavior outside of spoofing. The helpshift system seems to be a complete waste of time...