A Battle Beacon appeared in Huntington Beach?!?!?

@NianticBrian OMG. I wish I would have noticed the alerts earlier then right after the battle concluded. I would have loved to take part in the xm explosions.

Comments

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Is it user deployed or automated (like raids)?

• MadReliqueMadRelique ✭✭✭

No idea. I was unable to see the deployment of the beacon in comms. However, this did show up in the app:

The beacon does not currently have an ornament.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

It looks like some players used it, res winned 3 cps and enl 2. Don't anybody in the city know anything?

• OthinnMxOOthinnMxO ✭✭✭

Judging from Intel, it was a draw (which displayed a message that said "Neutral won a Battle Beacon" with the word "Neutral" in white text).

• Torron54Torron54 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

I'm one of the few people who are active in Huntington Beach. Most of the players were are retired or have become casual. I only knew the battle happened because I owned all the portals in the battle zone and saw the notifications when I went to move my drone.

As far as I know, no one here was notified of the test.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

@NianticBrian can we test this at the Auckland First Saturday?

Our First Saturday is both, virtual, and traditional, with no restrictions on gatherings

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

it shows it cant be far off from release, probably just server side switch when enough agents have the latest version.

I wonder how u score points, it doesnt mention it ?

edited July 2020

According to the screen shots, the faction that owns the target portal during each of the checkpoints gains either 1, 2, 2, 3, or 4 points depending on the round.

Post edited by MadRelique on
  • Ktulu789Ktulu789 ✭✭✭

We need this around FS starting portal for the duration of the event!

When covid allows, of course...

Imagine everyone running about as new beacons light up!

So, the portal starts neutral and changes to the losing faction after every round?

edited July 2020

Because of the concerns over the usage of Flip Cards, I decided to take screen shots of the entire all comms log of the battle starting from the prebattle neutralization and capture of the Rotary International Centennial :

Since the Resistance won the first round, we can assume that the portal isn't neutralized at the start of round 1 since the portal wasn't noticably recaptured until the first _ADA_ capture.

Sadly, I didn't test if so could ADA the bandstand when I arrived onsite nor could I have tested the ability to inoculate a portal prior to the battle beacon being placed.

• GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭

This symbol is on the beacon Remind me one old meme...

• Zw4nnZw4nn ✭✭

Still nothing from Niantic... 🤔

Can't wait to know more about it!

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like @NianticBrian was testing it out. Very interesting.

• WikiBlueWikiBlue ✭✭✭

Nice, was looking forward to this feature. Can't wait to test it myself 😋

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

We get 1 beacon free daily as Pokémon raids or we must pay in shop for every beacon or always free now? Only beacon over portal? No extreme good items VR and Javis or ADA when we win?

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

I expect this will be a paid Boost, maybe as part of the First Satrday bundle, if this is where it is planned to be used.

We may get 1 free one to try out, but I don't bet on that