Question about why one who has a history of badge reselling and not even logged was awarded Paragon

TheKingEngineTheKingEngine ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2020 in The Investigation

Firstly, I would like to take this opportunity to express thanks to everyone's proactively organizing or participating into the Tessellation, which brought much fun to me.

Then may I know the reason why Shanghai Enlightened agent "Icount2three" were to be awarded the "Paragon" medal? If malfeasance does exist in this case, I would like to request for your help to do an investigation.

Hitherto this player has not logged into the forum for at least once https://community.ingress.com/en/profile/discussions/Icount2three

I understand that players who made great contribution to Tessellation could acquire the badge separately, independent from online channel. However I really doubt if that player really did so, considering the fact that he never paid a visit to the forum and...

(here follows piles of materials unfortunately in Mandarin only, not off-topic though as I would like to remind stakeholders of Tessellation of something that might be weird)

...he was illegally selling Abaddon XMA badge to Enlightened players in China at the price of 100 RMB per player via Alipay, by sending fake list of off-site XMA participants to global PoC:

https://www.zhihu.com/question/38503491

(backup link) http://archive.is/alYYL

...he, during the preparation of Obsidian Hong Kong, raised money from Shanghai Enlightened players for offering not only access to recharging chamber with necessary keys, but also 300~400 L8 Power Cubes per player, which was substantively selling items:

https://tinyurl.com/y45n8wlj

(backup link) http://archive.is/vOFll

...he was suspected of controlling multiple accounts by himself to gain advantage, including but not limited to:

Daiat9 (banned forever by Niantic due to GPS spoofing)

Icount2three

oOoOBonBonOoOo

Ra1nbowdash

DaisyDeLaRose

littleperi

NightHawkers

Regarding mutiple-accounting issue I wouldn't make any allegations here because it requires foundation and actually should go to Niantic Support. For other historical topics I wouldn't develop them here as well with the lapse of time. I'm quoting them merely in order to warn everyone of a potentially improper Paragon badge awarding, if that specific player actually didn't make any contribution to Enlightened faction at all.

Post edited by TheKingEngine on
Tagged:

Comments

• KhatreKhatre ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

For paragon you did not need to use forum.

If you helped decode or retrieve localized or physical tessera you could be nominated by vanguards.

I am not sure vanguards will say who they nominated and why.

• Torron54Torron54 ✭✭✭

bruh imagine being too lazy not to spoof and suddenly willing to retrieve physical tessera

• TheKingEngineTheKingEngine ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

Thanks for your reply. Sure, if you read my article carefully you would notice that I said "I understand that players who made great contribution to Tessellation could acquire the badge separately, independent from online channel. However I really doubt if that player really did so, considering the fact that he never paid a visit to the forum and..."

I agree with you on the premise that vanguards will probably not give the reason why they nominated someone. However in this case, I highly doubt this player did not help decode or retrieve localized or physical tessera given the fact that he didn't even log into the forum and historically speaking he was involved in a series cheating/violation around medals/badges.

It's one thing that generally Vanguards have no obligations to give explanation for what they did; but it's another when many players doubt the integrity behind a specific action he/she did. In terms of "many players", I have confidence that it stands for at least 100+ players in mainland China.

edited July 2020

Thanks for your insights. Besides, "Icount2three" only launches the game bi-monthly since the end of 2019 and doesn't do many actions every time. I'm not saying that he's lazy but accordingly to his logs I won't say he's active either.

Considering the fact some others may raise questions like "how could you make judgement that Icount2three was spoofing", here is the answer in advance:

No I'm not. It's Niantic Support who decided to ban account "Daiat9" permanently due to serious GPS spoofing. Vanguards or Niantic employees, if interested, could contact Niantic Support to double-confirm this and afterwards you would know that I'm right. With regards to medals/badges selling, kindly refer to previous links which could be used as fact checks as well.

Additionally, we have solid evidence that "Icount2three" is the same person as "Daiat9" and every hardcore players in China, either RES or ENL, know it clearly because "Icount2three" is known as Enlightened PoC of entire mainland China among various OPs. I won't say that "Icount2three" is still currently spoofing, nor will I accuse anyone of anything that violates the T&Cs here because it should goes to Niantic Support.

What I'm saying is, the entire Paragon medal awarding to "Icount2three", is suspicious and calls for clarification IMHO. Tessellation is an activity which a lot of players devote themselves to and take seriously, and leaves no room for badges giveaway if someone actually didn't help but wanna have it with the help of his reputation.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Friendship and favouritism. Maybe the nomination was for sale or just regular cheating.

edited July 2020

Thanks for your insights. That's what I' m worried about. It's known that Vanguards are responsible for reviewing submission via Trusted Reporters channel. If there happens to be a Vanguard who gave medal to someone who didn't participate into the activity at all due to friendship...how could we believe that he could also make fair judgement if he receives cheating report about the latter one?

Frankly speaking, as a player in mainland China, there is only very limited countries "Icount2three" could fly for Tessellation during COVID-19, to "retrieve localized or physical tessera". Also, I didn't hear much about such drop in mainland China or even in Shanghai area, whereby he could just sit tight and got the drop at home without flying to other countries. This just does not make any sense.

Still, I'm not directly accusing a specific player for "Badge Cheating". What I'm saying for now is, the Paragon Medal Awarding to "Icount2three" is suspicious. The more you think about it, the stranger it looks.

• DoxterDoxter ✭✭

I haven't installed scanner for 2 years. Are you saying I can't get medal for event that had nothing to do with scanner?

edited July 2020

Typical Slippery sl0pe. You are trying to overstate my topic to make it look illogical, by supposing me of saying things about unspecific players that many would suit, which I don't.

Nice try. Considering the fact that today is the first day of your logging to this forum and you went to my thread directly without making replies to other topics...not even a single one.

Unfortunately your attempts are futile. It's obviously different between doubting any player who seemingly is not that active for no other reasons, and that specific player "Icount2three" because of historical, due reasons, that is, his previous series of violation and collusion.

Thanks for your reply anyway. At least you have logged into the community forum for me.

• falcobirdfalcobird ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

Speaking from experience, I didn't log into the game for almost a year, let alone the forum, and I still qualified for Paragon on the basis that I am active in the investigation community.

You would need to prove to me that not only was he not playing and not logging in, but that he was actively exploiting the game. That's not something that you or I as a player has the ability to do.

I appreciate what you are trying to do, but I think you may be jumping to a conclusion.

Also, I don't believe that this is an appropriate topic for the "Investigation" subforum.

• ToxoplasmollyToxoplasmolly ✭✭✭✭✭

Then may I know the reason why Shanghai Enlightened agent "Icount2three" were to be awarded the "Paragon" medal?

Does the answer really matter?

When I look at my scanner, I can tell you a story about each of my anomaly medals. When the medals for The Tessellation are added, I will be able to tell you story about those, too. That's what's important.

What is or isn't in someone else's scanner will not change that.

edited July 2020

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, it does matter. "It's known that Vanguards are responsible for reviewing submission via Trusted Reporters channel. If there happens to be a Vanguard who gave medal to someone who didn't participate into the activity at all merely for their friendship...how could we believe that he could also make fair judgement if he receives cheating report about the latter one, or about players that are familiar with the latter one, considering the fact that "Icount2three" is the PoC of Enlightened Shanghai?"

Fair Ingress, Best Ingress

edited July 2020

Thanks for your reply.

As I've emphasized, cases about unspecific players who are seemingly not that active (but actually are with regards to media decoding, investigation, etc) are unidentical to case about "Icount2three"

Though players have no responsibility to examine or prove that someone is doing something not right, players are urged or encouraged to report what they think suspicious and may probably destroy the gaming environment. For in-game violation such as GPS spoofing and multi-accounting it goes to Niantic Support; for tessellation/investigation relevant violation or questions this subforum is undoubtedly the proper one.

Furthermore, to prove further that Icount2three is also not active with regards to media decoding (indeed he is not) requires access to two specific Telegram groups that are literally ENL-players only and need to be verified via v.enl.one and enlightened.rocks first. Thus even if I presented the proofs here, they would become unsound and questionable and therefore I chose not to publish but seek answer from corresponding Vanguard.

By the way, guess who, among very limited ENL players, has the authorization to verify players via v.enl.one and enlightened.rocks in Mainland China? It's "Icount2three" lol. I would highly recommend he inviting someone from Niantic to the group to do a double-check about what he said and posted during Tessellation in terms of "contribution that qualifies for a Paragon" if and only if an investigation is considered to be necessary by @Truthseeker or someone from Niantic. Simple and Effective.

Fair Ingress, Best Ingress

• DoxterDoxter ✭✭

I'm just here to make everyone's day.

I'm glad I could make you happy for getting me into forum first time ever...

@LuoboTiX

It's known that Vanguards are responsible for reviewing submission via Trusted Reporters channel … how could we believe that he could also make fair judgement if he receives cheating report …

This is false. In the Trusted Reporter process, the Vanguards do not make any judgements or reviews about "cheating." They help facilitate portal resets, after the Trusted Reporters (a separate group of people from the Vanguards) pass information to Niantic, and after Niantic has decided whether any foul play occurred.

Thanks for your insight. However I'm afraid what you said is not 100% correct, while the correct part is also not in contradiction with my words.

The TR process actually is IMHO, corrections welcomed:

1. An agent submit a TR report

2. A Vanguard receives a TR report, make a decision to whether accept it, that is, forward the report to Niantic Support and expedite it

...follows your descriptions

To avoid helping cheaters learn more to exploit or intervene with the process I would develop this topic further here.

I guess now that you've noticed the problem: In Step 2 it's indeed possible for a Vanguard to decline a TR report for friendship if he happens to receive one targeting at his acquaintance. Such chances do exist.

Vanguards do not make the decision whether to accept or forward reports submitted through the Trusted Reporter system. That is not how the system works. The people who make that decision, the "Trusted Reporters," are entirely different people from the Vanguards.

You can read more about the system here: https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/6853/trusted-reporter-program-resumes/p1.

You are right. Thanks a lot for providing the correct information which is valuable.

Hence there is no need to worry about more issues, even IF there is a vanguard who improperly issued a Paragon medal to a player that actually has made no contribution which posed a misconduct...unless I came up with some other scenarios in the future

In this case, it's all about whether the Paragon medal awarding to player "Icount2three" does meet the standard and is irrelevant to secret agreement internally between them.

• Whatever, I don't think it's a proper topic in The investigation.

This is a place to discuss storyline of the game world, not to discuss why someone got something or why not.

Maybe you should write ticket to Niantic to report illegal players, instead of post a post here.

edited July 2020

Whatever, with a quick glance of merely the first page I can see there are quite a bunch of "improper posts" from your point of view in this subforum such as

in some of which you even interacted with the author normally, instead of driving he/she away and keep clicking "dislike" secretly or "liking" for every comment against he/she, which is what you are doing here.

Maybe you should write a message to the administrator of this sub-forum to migrate this post to a proper location if you really hate it, since you don't agree with me on "for tessellation/investigation relevant violation or questions this subforum is undoubtedly the proper one."

By the way, thanks for your being polite to me so far on the table, unlike what you did to some others in this forum, for example

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

It's bad to assume he's a native English speaker. We had people translate this material into different languages for a very important reason.

• NaruwasherNaruwasher ✭✭✭✭✭

English is not everyone's native language. If you can't understand what he wrote then you should move on instead of attempting to insult someone.

• He insulted others with F words, I don't think one like him deserves any respect.

• Whatever, with a quick glance of merely the first page I can see there are quite a bunch of "improper posts" from your point of view in this subforum such as XXX

Poor example. Jarvis Media is surely a part of storyline. Tessellation rule is not so lore, but more lore than your "somebody got something".

in some of which you even interacted with the author normally, instead of driving he/she away and keep clicking "dislike" secretly or "liking" for every comment against he/she, which is what you are doing here.

↑ Well… To prove I did not disliked your comments before that, I now disliked all of your comments with single dislike (so now you can see at least two dislikes) and kept those with no dislike.

By the way, thanks for your being polite to me so far on the table, unlike what you did to some others in this forum, for example XXX

Did you read these spamming posts where you think I said improper words, or you just found something bad in my profile and try to use them to beat me?

I was polite to you as I did to any normal fellow agents. I thought you are someone who can normally communicate with. Don't make me know you are not.

• MegaSteeliXMegaSteeliX ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

My primary English Teacher is a really nice person, It's good to know that you are familiar with her and she is good, but It's slightly off topic.

I'm not a native English speaker but I did my best to try using English in this (/en) forum. Including try to attack community spammers with English.

And there is no need to specially respect me. I will also say F words to you if you post things "likely to be spam", and so to everyone in this community. It's my freedom.

edited July 2020

Thanks for your great work during Tessellation and time spent doing this check. For now I would take this as the reason about this specific Paragon Awarding, even though I'm told that in the primary Media Decoding Telegram chat group consisting of ENL players, either globally or locally, player "Icount2three" didn't talk much.

"Though Agent Icount2three was not active on the Forum, we've verified that the Agent has demonstrated contribution in the decoding aspect of the Tessellation"

Glad to know that Vanguards are not involved in this case. As always, I personally appreciate the efforts they made to help make the game better. Besides, I'm also looking forward to the next series of online activities in the future.

edited July 2020

No, it's common knowledge that you are not allowed to insult other users and especially say F-words on the forum under any circumstance, which is obviously improper, except when the forum itself was built for trolling and attacking. Like the suggestions you gave to me, what you should do is to contact the administrators to report posts you conceive improper and request for a modification or removal.

Imagine if you, in Ingress COMM, saw someone you personally deem as a cheater was talking and you decided to directly criticize him of cheating there. Again, imagine if you saw someone talking in an aggressive way in Ingress COMM and you made attempts to let him/her shut up with the help of sending F-words or simply bad words to him/her.

In this case not only your behavior but also your intention would not be appreciated. You would get your account frozen and warned that you have no such freedom to hara2s other players in COMM even if some of them are not decent to some extent and already warned by NIA. Please don't make yourself become one of the players you dislike.