Top 100 AP for June 2019

daethnirdaethnir ✭✭✭
edited June 2019 in General

Hello, and welcome to the first announcement of the Top 100 AP Agents here on the new Ingress community! (I'll miss you, G+.) As always, the stats are available at http://l.aoeu.com/topingress

I'll continue to post these on twitter for the next few months at least, but eventually will just post here.

This month the top 100 seem to have slowed down a bit. Four top agents have zero AP gain this month, due to retirement. However I'm counting cchjackie in that list....

This month cchjackie, who hasn't played since April 2018, gained 200 AP, thus going from 999,999,999 (first in the world) to overtaking retired agent BodhiDeluX's 1,000,000,000. Since cchjackie has no hacks, deploys, etc in the last month I can only assume this is due to a portal edit approval in OPR or even less likely a passcode that grants AP. So let this be a warning to any agents who plan to retire with a pretty AP number, don't do any OPR or portal submissions for the last .... 2 years? ... prior to retiring. You never know when a laggy approval will throw off your hard-earned final AP.

Ruflen continues a ruthless streak of AP gain, gathering a full L16 a month. Wowz.

Thanks this month to agents Zorig and AMWN who helped gather data for the sheet. If anyone else wants to help, let me know!

Comments

• SonicgottSonicgott ✭✭✭✭

I couldn't ever wrap my head around a number that huge. cchjackie and BodhiDeluX have been playing since day one, whereas I started barely 4 years ago and I'm sitting at just over 130m AP.

It took me 7 months to go from LV1 to LV16 again (first was 11 months). I just cannot dedicate that amount of time to a game. At that point, it wouldn't even be remotely healthy for me.

But, if you have the time, by all means.

• ZorigZorig ✭✭

You don't have to dedicate "much" time into ap ****. It mostly depends on the area where you are playing. If you have a lot of portals and encouraged Players of the opposite faction it's done with ease.

• daethnirdaethnir ✭✭✭

I'm not actually sure cchjackie started at day one. Certainly there came a point where getting to the top of the leaderboard became a goal, and huge monthly AP gains became the norm. ruflen certainly is trying to keep the top spot unachievable by others w/ 40Mil+ gains each month for a while now. Wows.

• I'm just glad to have made it onto the list. I know how much effort I put in and have great respect for the people at the top. Awesome work everyone whatever your ap is.

Thanks also to everyone who helps creat this list. Great work. 👍

• Chicken3ggChicken3gg ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

Definitely need to play more, -23 rank change for AP gain 😁

thanks for your work @daethnir

• jim831001jim831001 ✭✭✭

@daethnir Thanks for continue this work!!!

• Really not sure how you gather the data for this, is it really just a list of people who say "Hey, I want to be on your list, you should follow my AP gain"? Because there are definitely people who belong on that list that just aren't there. Just saying.

• ZorigZorig ✭✭

If you know people with more ap than we can find in the list pls let us know that they can be added. Because we dont know any official stats from niantic it is recommended that other Players step in to help. :)

• Like300WombatsLike300Wombats ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

Well...there's me, for instance. I've been around for a while...hardly ingress-famous enough to be on a list, though. Lol

But your response, does confirm my theory, just people who want to be on your list. which is fine...but I guarantee you there are probably a number of people like me who can't be bothered to even know that this list exists, let alone request to be on it.

So, really, it's just "The list of people with a lot of AP who want you to know they have all that AP". Again, that's fine...but people should know what they're really looking at.

• daethnirdaethnir ✭✭✭

The way people get on the list is one of the following:

• they join the agent-stats group and I find out about them that way
    • they ping me via COMMs, or email, or put a comment on the sheet asking to be added
    • someone else pings me via COMMs/etc that someone should be added

So, in short, people get added to the sheet if I find out they belong on it. If no one lets me know, then how would I know?

• daethnirdaethnir ✭✭✭

If you don't like the product we've created, you can return it for a full refund.

• daethnirdaethnir ✭✭✭

But seriously, this is a community effort. We can only know about which Agents should be on the list when someone points them out to us.

Similarly, there are folks who have enough AP who do not appear on the list by choice - if anyone wants to opt-out, they're off. There are two folks who have asked for this thus far.

Each month when we ping we point at the following: http://l.aoeu.com/topingress-statscheck which has these details.

Pulling the stats is a full or more day affair. Folks can help by joining the Ingress United AP Elite Agent-Stats group.

But at the end of the day, this is only as accurate as crowdsourcing allows.

• ZorigZorig ✭✭

That list exists for years. I wonder how u could not know about it? It was built by **** Haerang back then. Even on G+ it was a huge thing. If u match the ap u will be added. Nothing more to do. If u deny to then this is also fine but its totally the wrong way to feel sulky about not to be on. A lot of people were reported and added. U werent. Its not an automatic list.