Ingress 2.51.1 Release Notes

Comments

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭

No we do not need Seer medal. You need.

You know what will happen when it's back? Everyone will accept everything on Wayfarer just to get the medal for himself and fellow agents. The amount of fake portals will grow immensely. Is that what you need too?

• ItsutsumeItsutsume ✭✭✭

12. COMMs now don't go to the last activity. I just upgraded to 2.51.1, and my COMMs are stuck on activity 3 days ago. I have to manually scroll down, but when I exit COMMs and go back in, I'm still at the activity 3 days ago. This was the issue in the previous version also.

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭

No, one of the reasons they turned it off originally.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

But for this medal ppl do 5 sec scans bad quality just to get badge whats the difference?

Niantic really must make sure so that crappy 5 second portal scans wont be count for the badge otherwise what is the point

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

This would also help agents locate newer portals and thus unique captures...since we can't get it in the game for who knows how long...

No, we don't need it back, we WANT it back.

If it comes back it will mean exactly what? More junk portals? More than there already is? Niantic doesn't seem to have any oversight of their portals. Stupid ones go live all of the time. The amount of sports ball fields and stupid signs that go live daily are nuts. I don't think bringing SEER back will create any further "harm" to the POI network. Niantic already did that themselves with all the silly stuff that they now allow. I mean I captured about 25 new "sports fields" at a park this evening that I hadn't been to in about 3 months...25 new soccer or baseball fields at one park? Unique? Not really...only reason to visit is for UPC or AP ****.

Unique, cool, portal discovery is mostly a thing of the past.

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭
  • ItsutsumeItsutsume ✭✭✭

I'd say let's not encourage people to make crappy POIs ☺️

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

There's no difference and Scout Controller is a joke in the same way Seer would be now. Niantic was unable to handle quality of their POI network (which now is not about points of interest, but points of children playgrounds, post services, fakes, and other boring stuff, coming from and accepted by people only wishing more points to play on, without looking at the rules). So I don't think they will be able to handle quality of their scans with Scout Controller either.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

But let's make sure to encourage people to sent us crappier scans of them.

I believe that discovering portals is one of the most important thing of the game. It deserves a medal to reward those who contribute.

• PangarbanPangarban ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure why people think 5 second scans are crappy. Okay, it's 1/4 of the data of a 20 second scan, but it's still usable data.

Nopers, #ForeverLocked

I see no way that scanning will help Ingress as we are still not on the RWP.

SEER doesn't do that, Niantic does that. Niantic opened the door on that issue. Pretty hard for them to close it now.

I rarely submit anything currently as is. Locally there is almost zero way I get a reply back on any submission in under 6 months less it's either a church playground (those come back accepted in under 2 weeks) or if it's an upgrade. And if it's an upgrade, it's denied no matter the POI submitted (including churches, where the playground was previously accepted). Zero oversight by Niantic on those poi subs/approvals/denials. Most local people who were big into submitting portals or doing OPR/Wayfarer seem to have quit around a certain time when they learned that those with the most accounts, "wins" at that game.

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭

I totally agree that discovering portals deserves a reward. The problem is Wayfarer and agents which would approve everything to get themselves those rewards. Seer was good and worthy when POIs were reviewed by Niantic themselves.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Encountered a serious big when uploading portal scans.

After getting back home after scanning around 30 portals, Ingress stopped uploading after the first few.

This is over WiFi.

Restarting the app, did the same thing.

But then it also just reported it failed.

Still got like 20 more scans to upload

• ItsutsumeItsutsume ✭✭✭

I think that keeping the portal (or POI in general) network interesting, clean, accurate and current is very important. While I haven't submitted a lot of portals, I do quite a lot of edits and removals. I do it not because of medals, but because I believe it will benefit me and other players.

I also think that we need neither crappy portals nor crappy portal scans.

Niantic reviewing it didn't prevent a lot of **** being approved too, actually some old approvals won't pass today.

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

I get for every portal scanning i do with my Samsung Galaxy S10+ and never lost. I feel it is fast and easy with 5sec portal scanning

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

Portal Scans on Saturday at the city zoo was a complete loss of scans, and an entire day, because Ingress crashed during the upload process (Strong home Wifi), and the 30 or so scans waiting for upload, had to be scrapped. Due to one of the scans that was in the process of uploading got corrupted during the crash.

My other annoyance with portal scans, has to do with uploads, with so many scans waiting for upload, Ingress, and every other app on my mobile has to stop what they are doing to ensure that the scan upload is successful.

I would prefer to have portal scan uploads to occur in the background, so that I can use my mobile for other things, play other games, recharge portals, watch YouTube, or anything else

Galaxy S9+

Android 10

Post edited by Grogyan on
  • Kevinsky86Kevinsky86 ✭✭✭

Portal scanning needs some sort of reward. AP for example.

It's a huge time hog and you don't really have anyhing to show for it.

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭

And again a game with no chance to win. Slow recharge,attacks can do something while game lags but defenders can't.

• DestroyerTJDestroyerTJ ✭✭✭✭✭
  • ItsutsumeItsutsume ✭✭✭

13. Mentioned by someone else - incorrect photo zoom/view. Keys don't properly show portrait photos, full screen photos don't properly show landscape photos. Also, Redacted had ability to rotate screen when viewing photos so both landscape and portrait photos can be viewed full screen.

There isn't much to do with key viewing, not without changing the whole new designs or damaging even more. But allow to rotate and move the picture I full view should be added.

• Tell Google to have AR available on Redmi Note 6...-_-

• folkExfolkEx ✭✭

You're right, but put yourself in my situation. I have been playing for 2 years and I have accepted around 150 portals, I would like this medal to be updated, at least for the last time, and thus give "new" players the opportunity to have it. I fully understand your point of view and hope you understand mine too :)

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭

I understand that people want some recognition for their contributions to portal network. But you need to be very careful to not influence Wayfarer reviewers, to not let them exploit Wayfarer to give the recognition to their fellow agents.

• folkExfolkEx ✭✭

In my area that does not happen, on the contrary, very valid portals reject me, one, another, and again. What they do is organize themselves to reject portal requests on certain sites ... a pity that there are players like that, they only spoil the game ...

So, in a way, I would like to get that medal, for the work that it itself has for me...

• When does the update come back to the old redacted scanner? There were 20 people playing in my city ... it will be the year Prime is between us and no one is playing .... 25k inhabitants are in my city !!! And I play alone? NIA ... it's over, you've reached your point, you managed to **** the game totally. Do you see the future in Henry Propper?