Claiming Scout Controller has bugged alerts

Version: 2.50.1

It seems like Niantic added a new stat on the profile for keeping track of on how many portals you have uploaded the most scans too. The alert for that however currently is bugged.

This is a screenshot of the alerts tab. All those entries should be about claiming Scout Controller, however it thinks a portal is under attack. Not only is there a white square with no portal picture, the portal name itself is wrong and seems to pull the enemy agent name from... somewhere. Tapping one of those entries results in this error being shown in the 4-tap-log:

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.

Parameter name: line2Mentions count is 0, but requested 0

This is how it looks in the main scanner view.

This is how it looks on intel.

Tagged:

Comments

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

Also using the opportunity to ask @NianticBrian if those stats decrease once someone else uploaded more scans then you. In that case, I'd personally advocate to move that stat to the "Now" tab.

And, who can forget, medal for that when? 👀

• KhatreKhatre ✭✭✭✭✭

So... "dfgsfgdfsg" seems to be a system notification ^^

• And we may have a candidate for the weirdest potential placeholder text since THIS IS A TOAST NOTIFICATION

• I wonder if the gibberish might have something to do with the 2021 April fools event.

• KhatreKhatre ✭✭✭✭✭

I've retried and "white squared" notification aren't actual real attacks.

Here they are actually from yesterday 9pm 😅

• 114 unique uploads, no medal. First tier should be 100 AFAIK.

• BurliBurli ✭✭✭

@Krakinoz maybe after 30 days?

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope @NianticBrian help us resolve the bug soon and relese 2.51.2

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

The white squares are a placeholder image as well lol

I'm on 2.51.1 but I think I have noticed some minor changes to the notification icons within the app.

• Kusi24Kusi24 ✭✭

Could be a language thing, as there are several in the scanner. My phone is set to German and notification are better, but so contain a placeholder.