Brian Rose Appreciation Thread

cheatchcheatch ✭✭✭

Hail Brian Rose

Hail goldiadtx (GPC2C?)

Hail our friendly neighborhood Ingress producer

About 1 year ago he returned to Niantic, I can see he has been dealt a hard hand, he is trying new things, I see what he is doing, and want to let him know there is at least one person out there that appreciates it.

Everyday it seems like I read something very negative towards Ingress / Brian Rose on these forums, Twitter, Reddit, etc

In order to fight that negativity, let's say something nice to our leader Brian Rose

Comments

• LynoocsLynoocs ✭✭✭

Thanks for letting agents purchase all 5 keylockers while having the anniversary one. It made some players play more with the extra keys and even brought a small amount of income for Nia after changing a number in the code.

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

The negative voices are always louder than the positive ones, so from me too, thank you @NianticBrian (and the whole Ingress team really) for continuing working and improving on Prime and new features.

• AtunatunakAtunatunak ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for your patience, your hard work, and your willing to listen to the playerbase, Brian!

• I really appreciated Brian attending IFS and answering questions and comments from random players. He came across as genuine and concerned, something that doesn't always show over a text post. I think seeing (even if only over video) the human behind the username made a lot of difference to me.

Doesn't mean I won't continue to criticize if I don't agree with a decision, of course :)

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

I admire Brian's dedication to the game, and his courage for stepping into a very difficult role knowing that he would get endless criticism from all sides.

• @NianticBrian Always manages to lend an ear while working tirelessly; kudos to you, I admire your sangfroid. Hope to encouter you in the field again soon. We are grateful and appreciate the work you do to make our favorite game the best it can be. 💚

• Exactly. Brian is a wonderful person. His contribution in the game is immense. But criticism is necessary to develop the game.

• docwho2100docwho2100 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

Thank you so much @NianticBrian for everything you do! I've always enjoyed talking with you and getting to meet you. Hopefully there will be meetups again in our future :-)

Jojo

PS one of my favorite moments was in Vegas that was an awesome time - #Stella and more 🙂

• cheatchcheatch ✭✭✭

I thought I had a Brian Rose Bio card, went through my shoe boxes of Ingress swag, found this.

Got this card from Gen Con Mission Day in 2015.

He was doing dead drops around the convention and posts on G+ for agents.

I gave him some local FS swag and asked him for his bio card.

But anyways, I remember there was a lot of other Niantic employees at the location at the time, thought it was really cool that he bought a ticket for the con / was doing cool things like dead drops.

Does anyone have his bio card? lol

Actually found one more Brian Rose thing / story, which I may post later