Ingress 2.51.1 Release Notes

Comments

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

Put a "Scan Portal" button right on the portal info page, so I don't forget to do it in all the other excitement.

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

The only @NianticBrian can do are understand Niantic must remove the limit of portal scans. We cant have the new medal and more when we have limit portals scans. No limit to capture unique portals. If we play Ingress very easy to understand remove limit of portal scans before relese 2.51.1

• PaperBoatsPaperBoats ✭✭✭

I came a long way here just to click disagree for you, you're welcome.

• MiketrevisMiketrevis ✭✭✭

@NianticBrian i have a question. After 30 days that no one made a scan, did the scout controller and the scout point automatically set to 0 or we have to make a scan to view if 30 days is past from the last scan?

• The Guardian is back. lol. Guardianhunter is back. only with less response time

again you can look for opponents, and not let them stand for a month as the largest number of scans.

Or force them to spend all scans on 1 portal, so that for sure no one could interrupt.

And what happens if 2 agents scan 1 portal 200 times in one time? who will win?

• dfau1tdfau1t ✭✭✭

Pls fix lack of new medal achievement screen on iPhone!

Give us 60 fps mode!

And please FIX mind unit map! In Moscow for example mu map is taken away to South-West.

In residential area at East Moscow we have less mu that in big Forest zone closer to center of a town. Intelligence squirrel? We make a field at Forest and get a large quantities that at residential area at West.

• With over 3 years of timing I think that almost no one in the world could achieve it

• Yayy! New in-game medal!!

Anyway my device doesn't have AR Core support. I have to wait till the hardware upgrade. 😪

• BRASP84RSBRASP84RS ✭✭
    edited July 2020

As you can see on the screenshot , I am recursated agent based on the simulacrum symbol. Actually, I'm not a recursed agent and not Level 16.

• grsmhikergrsmhiker ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

This is not so much "tosses another medal at" as "puts a medal so high up on a tall cliff that nobody can get to it" 😂

I gave it a try, and with devoting an entire afternoon to scanning I discovered that only around 50 unique portals was feasible for me (given that I still want to enjoy normal gameplay as I go). I scanned any single portal 1-5 times and uploaded ~120 scans, and had to break three times to go home and access wifi to do it.

The problems are that 1) scanning this intensely broke my normal gameplay flow, and I only got about 25% of the ap /accomplishments that I usually can. 2) I can only play that heavily a few days a month, at the required tiers scanning would have to be a full time job.

• BRASP84RSBRASP84RS ✭✭
    edited July 2020

Apparently, you need to keep Scout Controller on this portals by 30 days. Only after that you will earn the badge.

• PangarbanPangarban ✭✭✭✭✭

No, I don't think that's right. He's gotten controller in his stats. I think they just haven't pushed the badge yet.

The idea that you will need to keep Scout Controller of a portal for 30 days is one of the myths that is quickly developing about this badge. 30 days is just the time you retain the controller title on a portal, not a requirement for the stat.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

It will be really ironic if they are able to add a marker for unique controller before the ones for hack and capture...

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

@NianticBrian if someone scans a portal 2 times today and uploads it and I scan in one tomorrow and upload that, when their scans expire in 30 days will the agent with the most non-expired scans at that point become the new controller?