A feature to arrange medals on agent profile

MoxarcMoxarc ✭✭
edited June 2019 in General

Hi everybody, since when I start to play ingress I would like to have a feature to arrange and change the position of medals in agent profile. For example to put all the cahacrters card near each other or to put in first line the preferred medals. I don't would be so difficult to add and option like this.

What do you think about?

Comments

• DigitalisDigitalis ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

it was better before when the anomaly badges also stayed where in your history they were applied.

when they got re-arranged into their own sequence and pulled out of history to cover for people who bought badges after the fact, i lost interest in badges as a recording of my ingress history.

you used to be able to spot the people who didnt get their badges for anomalies until way after the fact, and it was really cool to see how your agent advanced in between events.

i am all for re-arranging badges. keeping them as a record of what happened when is a ship that sailed long ago, might as well go full hog and let them be moved around user side.

• TLemurTLemur ✭✭

Me too.

It's about planning my trips for mission hunting.

• Yeah, maybe not arranging, but perhaps I would be more inclined to say a tab for just character badges separate from all the stat and event medals

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

The same for mission: as long as there is a option to show them by date, I don't care. But if there is not a option like that, it's a big no no.

They are meant to show your history. Messing up this just lost the point of it

• VAINVAIN ✭✭✭✭

I've got nothing against rearranging badges but would love to see categories for Character badges and Gameplay badges similar to Anomalies. Let us pick between category view/historical view at will or a customized view where we can freely rearrange?

Also had a thought the other day that it would be nice to replace the glyphs in an agents profile icon to any unlocked badge but that's a bit of a stretch.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

i would like to be able to arrange banners instead..

• CesparCespar ✭✭✭

pretty sure they started working on this some time ago - and the signs are still there in redacted (press and hold one medal and tap another and you'll "select" the second medal - see below). I think at some point they abandoned it though. I wouldnt strictly be against it, but unlikely to use it - my medals are my messy story :D

• vidiconvidicon ✭✭✭✭✭

As others have said, I like the earned badges appear in the order they were earned, and I don't want to see that changed. However, I'd much prefer if character badges were separated out like Anomaly badges are. I've actually stopped redeeming character badges because I don't want to interrupt the flow of my earned badges.

• ic3maxic3max ✭✭

I mean they could just implement a go back to chronological button since they have the date for each medal. So one wouldn't have to arrange them by hand

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

It was until they pushed anomaly badges to the top. They can always add the date when a badge was obtained - it is in your profile data.

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ ✭✭✭✭✭

As we seem to have had a previous 2019 thread bumped, and this was being discussed in another group I am in, I wonder if it’s something planned for a future update? @NianticThia

As pointed out to me, there’s also a longer and more detailed thread here -

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

I mean this has been a long requested feature before these forums existed

• GearGliderGearGlider ✭✭✭✭✭

If for whatever reason they can't or are unwilling to implement custom Medal ordering, I wonder if they'd be willing to do different predetermined displays, like Medal Rank high to low, alphabetical, some special Niantic Order (Like grouping the yearly badges toghether apart from event and regular badges), etc.

Like grouping the yearly badges together

That’s what I’d do if I could rearrange them.

• KhatreKhatre ✭✭✭✭✭

not free arrange. keeping the chronological order but put characters medals at bottom like they put anomaly one one top in 2015 (2016?)

and event together too

• KarM3LKarM3L ✭✭✭✭

Great idea,

I'd like to see the client arrange an agents view of OWN profile any which way they choose...

• i would like to have the complete possibility to rearrange medals :(

• KarM3LKarM3L ✭✭✭✭

Yeah would be good if your own screenshot showed the medals in your custom order...

Oh wait, no screenshots anymore....

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd be satisfied on this matter if badges were grouped by type just as Anomaly badges are. It is ok for me to leave the default date order.