Keep Redacted graphics please!

Thanks you Niantic for finally give us an oficcial place to talk about Ingress. Now we are all here i now many will agree wtih me in this: we need Scanner [Redacted].

Please Niantic, if not the app, then a skin for Prime. Several agents has developed muscular memory, several agents can't run the Prime animations properly. And all agents love the scanner the way we met it.

So please Niantic, don't let Redacted die.

Tagged:

Comments

• Sorry, but I disagree. I've played Ingress for six years and Prime ever since it came out. I had to go back to Redacted for Amsterdam and found its screen very cluttered and hard to use compared with Prime's sparser interface.

• I think when there is the "portal dense" area, we miss the old graphics. much easier to view. but i don't know if the new platform allow the developers to tune down the portal graphics?

• Also, railroads are not shown in Prime, and the interface is clunky!

• wikkedimpwikkedimp ✭✭✭

I like it. I think the most of the graphics are cool. I believe it's the Ultra Strike that doesn't **** BOOM!! like I'm expecting it to, but beyond that, as far as graphics are concerned, I'm cool

• falcobirdfalcobird ✭✭✭

I'm trying to transition into Prime, and it has pros and cons.

The big one for me is that it seems slower to navigate the inventory menu because it doesn't use words, it uses pictures. So I have to remember the difference between an ITO and a shield and a link amp visually.

• PigletPiglet ✭✭

Add a modding option to Ingress Prime. So that one can set link, portal, field graphics, UI... etc. I'd love to play in ASCII art mode. :D

• JiefSourdJiefSourd ✭✭✭

Good idea for a classic skin...

But for oldest phones...

• BarthaxBarthax ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

Good idea for the classic skin - I would be happy just with the classic Palette. The Prime palette can't be seen in sunlight, the white of neutral portals is too close to the blue fields making them appear blue, the blue shields are green on the black background.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Just allow players to make their own skin picture if they want, like most apps allow since ever.

• danibadaniba ✭✭

When I submit a portal candidate or new photo I do it all the time in portrait because that's the way photo's are displayed in Redacted. But now all photo's are unrecognisable because the are chopped in landscape!

• ReighElmosReighElmos ✭✭✭

Prime vs Redacted.

Honestly if I had my way I would be taking elements from both and combining them. into one app.

The actual motions and where things are in prime felt uncomfortable at first but I like them. In particular the ability to use power cubes from almost any active screen (Attack / Recharge).

70% of the time I find myself fighting the "Dynamic Compass" Map orientation. I like to have it on as I am moving around because it tend to keep me oriented properly. However sometime the orientation gets messed up usually when leaving the app and come right back (Checking Slack) and the app thinks I am facing a direction I am not facing. so I start shifting the view, after 3-5 second it shifts right back. (This was less of a problem in Redacted because I could simple tap the compass in the top right to toggle it on and off. In prime its 3 layers deep in the UI. This is also a similar issue when in portal dense areas. I am often tapping on portal I have already interacted with because my view has shifted. Sadly I am not able to change the angle of attack in prime for the camera view. a Close up view in prime is also low- see the horizon view which is simple not conducive for fracking/hack portal dense location. I would love the ability to toggle to a more top down view when zoomed in to more clearly see the portal in relation to each other and my interact-able circle.

• ReighElmosReighElmos ✭✭✭

Prime vs Redacted Part Two.

I have noticed remote viewing portals, links, shields, attacks, and actions by others take WAY LONGER to load in prime. This my be all the additional graphics but I don't think it's all of it. I have on several occasions remote viewed portals with important links to defend and it took HOURS for the link I knew was there to show up in Prime (at the time I was on my home wifi.) Checking the same portal with Redacted minute later it would show the link before with rest of the portal info populated.

I have fully closed and restarted the app many times think it my just be my phone. However this does not seem to be the case.

• I agree with OP.