Favourite locations and the reasons why?

Hi everyone,

Something I've always enjoyed about Ingress and what got me hooked in the first place was the different places I went to and things I got to see. I also loved hearing about other agents' adventures, it reminds me of reasons I love the game.

Put your favourite Ingress adventures and locations below, and reasons why - I'll comment mine shortly :)

Comments

• StranditStrandit ✭✭✭

Hill 88 on the Marin Headlands. Beautiful view, pretty easy hike without being trivial, interesting history, and sufficient portals unto the task.

• DigitalisDigitalis ✭✭✭

I reached my black level explorer badge on the portal "The Gates of Hell" which was the first level 8 portal ever created in ingress. This was done by enlightened agents - the first res p8 was later in time.

stamford university, i dont often make it to left coast usa but that was an amazing trip.

• The more difficult, the better.

I'd say battling with fellow PNW agents over being the last ones on top of a mountain with snow coming has always been a fun one. Say, epic battles around Mount Rainier and the like.

But anywhere with a gorgeous view of the sky, mountains, and terrain surrounding us. That took sweat equity to get to. Those are always my favourites.

• IshiraIshira ✭✭✭✭✭

One of my ultimately favorite places is a portal that is a block away from my fathers house called Abandon Church. Every time i visit, even though my father doesnt play often anymore, we go there, We glyph, we drink, we spend a lot of time together discussing all sorts of things but it always starts with us upgrading this portal and freaking out the locals. Its a portal that constantly reminds me of home.

• One of my favourite spots :)

• hale6hale6 ✭✭
    edited June 2019

Ooh, I have some fun ones. I tend to drive to weird places at random times, often hours away. I personally like the handful of portals in Hundred, WV. It's a town with no cell service on any network, so you have to get crafty with local WiFi. It makes for a good anchor, and has been used as one by both factions.

Port Maitland, Ontario, Canada is also fun to go to. It's a little town along Lake Erie that Res often throws from (and I make trips out to to take down). Nice little town.

• SonicgottSonicgott ✭✭✭✭

Minnesota Arboretum, Minneapolis Sculpture Garden, Minnesota State Fairgrounds, Como Zoo, Minnesota Zoo, Mall of America, Valleyfair, Victory Memorial Drive, Franconia Sculpture Park. I've visited all of these places. Many awesome things to see.

• VasatiVasati ✭✭✭

I've got a lot of the same faves at @Sonicgott

Minus the Franconia Sculpture Park, Minnesota Zoo and Valleyfair. But I may visit the first two to see what portals I've missed out on.

The Minnesota Arboretum is my first fave, because of how beautiful it is, with Victory Memorial Drive in second place because of how much fielding can be done there. Plus the Batman banner missions there, while lengthily, is hella awesome.

• Oncue Dancing Bear. Because he is a very good bear.