Ingress Report / Edgar Allan Wright Medal in the Shop Next

cheatchcheatch ✭✭✭
edited July 2020 in General

Step 1) Put Edgar Allan Wright Medal in shop

Step 2) Use the funds to bring back the weekly YouTube series 'Ingress Report'

Step 3) Use the 'Ingress Report' show give a basic understanding what's going on with the Ingress Story

Step 4) Laugh at the 20 'Essex' members dog pile and probably have this post / me banned for proposing taking away their 'precious' gate kept in-game medal (they already started a dog piling disagree / flag campaign with me in the 'investigation' for questioning their authority)

I have no idea what's going on in the Ingress story since Aegis Nova, there's over 100k subscribers to the YouTube channel, its insane not to use this social media resource

Bottom Line: Bring back the Ingress Report, you have talented actors to do it, you have playerbase who will fund it thru medal purchase, this is a positive step toward a global anomaly

Post edited by cheatch on

Comments

• cheatchcheatch ✭✭✭

This medal is not earned because it was only given access to a small group of agents

I was fine with this until that small group of agents decided to censor me on these forums for making posts about the uploaded YouTube videos

• AzhreiaAzhreia ✭✭✭✭✭

Of course it's earned. It's awarded to those agents that have contributed significantly to the Ingress Lore. To be eligible, you need to be in the right place (Essex) and actually contribute. As I understand it, Essex is open to anyone wanting to join with an interesting in the Ingress Lore.

So you now want that badge made available for purchase because you didn't earn it yourself? Interesting. Sounds like sour grapes to me.

• cheatchcheatch ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

'Essex' has failed to provide the Ingress Lore to the 100k+ Ingress YouTube subscribers which was earned mostly by 'Ingress Report'

If you don't believe me, go read the YouTube comments on the the videos

The best thing for the Ingress lore is to bring back the 'Ingress Report' and since the medal was designed to support the Ingress lore, it should be put in the shop

• cheatchcheatch ✭✭✭

Putting the medal in the shop with clear intent to bring back 'Ingress Report' would award contributions to the Ingress lore

• cheatchcheatch ✭✭✭

Over the next weeks NIA should make a series of commercials on their YouTube channel, hype up the Ingress Report comeback with the sale of the EAW medal

For whatever reason Niantic decided to desert their 100k YouTube subscribers four years ago.

The channel should have over 1 million subscribers today.

Niantic as a company is currently missing out on the multi-billion dollar video game streaming war imo

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

I am now wondering why does Niantic reward a bunch of tin hats for babbling about the game lore but pushes aside players like decoders who do actual work to pick up intel and such.

Niantic has a very unproductive rewarding system.

• AzhreiaAzhreia ✭✭✭✭✭

Isn't that what the Tesselation event is all about? Decoding, puzzle solving, etc, as well as awarding badges for it.

Badges have also been awarded for decoding anomaly Intel.

Is there competition in Essex?

Dind't know about badges for intel, could you provide some examples?

• AzhreiaAzhreia ✭✭✭✭✭

Anomaly badges have recently been awarded where decoding played a part in the event.

Also, the Tesselation event will award Paragon and Knight badges for qualifying contributions.

• IshiraIshira ✭✭✭✭✭

Essex is a cross faction friendly chat. We dont have competitions just discussions and sometimes disagreements on theories. Essex was also started by Niantic originally back in the gplus days.

• cheatchcheatch ✭✭✭

Here's latest YouTube video on the Ingress channel, pretend this video came up on your YouTube suggestions, how much sense would this video make to you? It looks like it was made by committee. That is because it was tailored made for the private group 'Essex'.

Now let's compare this video with a random video from the 'Ingress Report', I did a random number between 1-53, got 21

Just from that 7 min video, even though I was not playing Ingress at the time, I have a general understanding what's going on.

From the latest video thought you can tell they have a talented cast to work with, putting the EAR medal in the shop to fund the 'Ingress Report' comeback would be in the best interest of Ingress.

'Essex' is a fan fiction group, giving them their own in-game medal and letting them take over the Ingress story was a mistake. It's time to correct this mistake by putting their medal in the shop.

What happened to flint dille ?

Well, I don't know about that Essex mob, but I for one did lose actual interest in the lore when IR was left behind. I remember too how they got rid of Susanna's character.

Though placing the badge in the store is not a thing I can understand, I find this complain fair.

Troll? Not sure of that.

• cheatchcheatch ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

Susanna's character was done dirty because the decision makers of Ingress changed after the Google breakup.

If they were business smart, they should of used her talents to continue to grow their YouTube channel and the Ingress community at the time probably would of supported it through character medal purchases.

Unfortunately, most of that is water under the bridge.

Fortunately, Ingress still have old Hank Johnson and a talented cast to rebuild the YouTube channel with the Ingress report.

If you happened to read the removed comments from the 'Essex' members on this thread so far, they do not seem to care about the future of Ingress, they only care about their 'precious' 'exclusive' in-game medal Edgar Allan Wright

I would give up the 'exclusiveness' of any medal on my profile so old Hank Johnson (or even Susanna) can continue to produce YouTube content through the Ingress Report