Drone suggestion (medal, levels and new features)

Vins0Vins0 ✭✭
edited June 2020 in General

First of all English is not my native language so this is a translation made with google 😅, sorry if there is any error

Drone level associated with a medal.

Drone has a counter associated with the unique portals visited, For reasons of lore the medal could be associated with this counter

Explanation: Visiting a portal is equivalent to a better understanding of the portal network and properties of the xm that the advanced AI of the drone incorporates at its core to improve its version.

Levels:

• Bronze: visit 10 portals (At this point you already have the M1, It is only for the 1st medal to appear.)
  • Silver: Visit 100 portals -> you get MARK II
  • Gold: Visit 300 portals -> you get MARK III
  • Platinum: Visit 500 portals -> you get MARK IV
  • Onyx: Visit 1000 portals -> you get MARK V

Drone Versions:

• Mark I: Allows you to move between portals and hack 1 time per hour

• Mark II: Receive an increase in the jump distance between portals (+ 50mts?)

• Mark III:

• A better understanding of the XM and the network of portals allows this version to channel the XM of the scanner so that it can recharge the portal in which it is located, even if it does not have a key.
  • increased movement distance (+ 50mts?)

• Mark IV:

• The advanced study of the xm flow allows the Mark IV to jump directly to a target portal if it has a key, in the process the key is consumed.
  • In order to use this option, the Drone must not be deployed.

• Mark V:

• The Mark V with its advanced understanding of XM can detect anomalies in the network, these anomalies are visualized as a marker in certain portals (similar to frackers), when hacking the portal, it is more likely to obtain good items, once hacked the portal the anomaly disappears.
  • A new “Area Scan” function is incorporated, the Mark V can detect subtle changes in the xm flow, this allows you to visualize where other drones are in your area.
  • You will have to choose whether to move and hack or use area scanning. The scan consumes all the power of the drone, so if a previous jump has been hacked or performed, it cannot be performed

maybe jumps / hack cooldown could be reduced each time the drone is upgraded

I think none of these features have a negative impact on the current gameplay, unlike others like allowing the drone deploy resonators or attack.

Post edited by Vins0 on

Comments

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

I just think that 1000 is few for a onyx. I suggest at least 5000, that's equivalent for a year of heavy hacking daily.

I'm playing for 4 year and I'm not even Platinum at th normal hack badge, why should this one, that can be done by home should be achieved in about two months?

Considering that not everyone will keep 14 unique jumps everyday, that will make this badge about the same time to accomplish that others recently added, like ifs and recon.

• Vins0Vins0 ✭✭

Good observation. I did a quick calculation to get to those numbers (maybe very fast haha )

there are medals that require much more base time, so this would be very low complexity and would end up being forgotten. Also, adding the transport function using a key would solve the problems of running out of portals to visit.

• Lauuu5Lauuu5 ✭✭

Me parece muy buena tu sugerencia, apoyo la moción.

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭

Disagreed a bit about "where and whos drones are". We can't see whos hacking portal normally(maximum can detect xm missing),so why we should see names with drones,even with onyx? But if we will see drones without names factions and level,just like signs - why not,imo.

Also generally disagreed about gear outcome upgrade,itoen - already did that bad trick.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

You're hard limited to a hack every 60 min. Hacking is perhaps the only thing in the game that really can't be altered. Covid has made it faster to hack but it's all dependent on how you manage your inventory while hacking.

I'm still at gold hacker since the first few months of the game.

• AkceptorUAAkceptorUA ✭✭✭✭

Except drop increase and the actual numbers... Well, great concept!

• I think your numbers are based on unique hacks? I'd probably suggest adopting a similar scale to the Pioneer badge? Something like 20/200/1000/5000/20000. Which will make Platinum/Onix inaccessible to those of us in rural areas - but we already face that with the other two badges for uniques, and at least this one can be helped by dropping off your drone while traveling and crossing your fingers that it doesn't get sent home too soon.

(My initial thoughts on numbers were closer to 100/500/1000/2000/5000. But projecting from an existing badge probably makes more sense.)

20000 will be almost impossible anywhere. Even if possible, will take probably over 5 years.

• 24601LM24601LM ✭✭
    edited July 2020

I'm not particularly attached to those numbers; I just figured that this was somewhat analogous to unique captures. (The numbers for unique hacks are even higher!) I was also under the impression that most Onix badges were supposed to be extremely difficult and take a year or longer to obtain. Except for Recharger, of course. :-)

I suppose the factor I wasn't including was the limit of 24 (in theory - closer to 12 in practice) drone hacks per day. That's because where I live, I'll run out of available unique portals long before the time limit ever becomes an issue. In that case, my "gut feeling" numbers may be better. I feel like gold at about 1000 is in the right ballpark.

• A "Current Drone Flight Distance" stat in the Now tab would be useful, as there is currently no means to track this until your "Furthest Drone Flight Distance" starts going up.

• Snyda1Snyda1 ✭✭✭

I would love the drone to travel like a shard 😁 via links. Would be an awesome way to travel the world and give players the possibility to have a new goal to achieve. And coordinate/ work together for it 😁

Maybe limited to once a day or so 🤷

• Just noticed today that there is also the "Forced Drone Recalls" count...

I really would like to keep this number as low as possible...hahaha...

Have a nice day!

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭

In contrast to all those spoofing suggestions about drones hacking keys, deploying or neutralizing portals, this suggestion is very interesting to me! I like that one, except for, as said earlier, numbers and milestones.

And also, I think drones should NOT have their hack/move cooldowns reduced. 60 minutes should be a hard limit.

That could be used to a new badge, like the guardian, to track unique hacks in a row without recalling the drone. If you repeat any portal, you lose.