Ingress Rating 3* in Store

Comments

• RostwoldRostwold ✭✭✭✭✭

Does the share option on the stats screen not give you what you need for the first issue? Offering a plain text export looks to me like the ideal solution, although the format that splits labels and numbers up is utterly bizarre.

• RostwoldRostwold ✭✭✭✭✭

I see your point, but neither are ideal - the text is not human readable because the numbers are nowhere near their labels, and the image misses off the agent name level and faction, doesn't fit on one screenshot, and spreads the useful bits out too much with less relevant info inbetween.

I think reformatting and harmonising both based on actual usage cases would improve the game.

• Why not just have both a "Take screenshot" option and a "Copy agent stats to clipboard" option? Tapping the Export button on the agent profile could bring up a dialogue to choose between the two.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Prime, Wizards Unite, Pogo

Even now, The Walking Dead when it came out, Otherworld Heroes etc, games get shipped out as "Beta" when they are really just an Alpha.

Prime was the same, it was pushed out as a Beta product when it was clearly still in an Alpha state.

I had used Prime since I got the invite from Cassandra Prime, and am happy to say that if that was widely adopted as a released product, Ingress would have had even more people leave the game.

Even before Prime, players asked if there was ever going to be an Ingress 2.0, leave the GUI the same, as it was clear to use, and had plenty of opportunity for new features to be added.

Myself, I don't mind either the Redacted UI or the Prime UI, with slight bias to the old Redacted GUI

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

@BERN1ESANDERS Yes, exactly. There are two different use cases here-- a human-consumable stats record and a machine-parsesable one.

In Redacted the human-consumable case was well supported and the machine-parseable one was not. The central-stats people pushed hard to have the latter use case supported, and I think that was a reasonable request. It would have been an excellent addition to the game, but I wish it had not come at the cost of the human-consumable version. It won't stop me from playing but it's one of those things that leaves me feeling just a little bit dissatisfied with Ingress every time I encounter it.

Fixing it seems like the sort of thing that an intern could knock out in a few days. The code is already there to generate the image, so putting in functionality to save it to the device and adding the UI to do so seems pretty simple. That would leave everyone happy, at least with this feature... players will always find something to whine about. (-:

• RostwoldRostwold ✭✭✭✭✭

Thinking about a 'take a screenshot' button, my initial reaction was that we don't need that, it's a feature that should be provided by the OS, not applications, but given @Hosette's reason for wanting this, I think we actually have 3 usage cases, not two: On screen viewing, pasteable image and pasteable text. On screen viewing allows for scrolling, pasteable image does not, so a tall format for visibility would be better for on screen, while a more compact version fitting everything on one screen would be better for pasteable.

It may be too much to hope for, but my ideal solution for this would be for a long-hold on the existing export button to offer an option of saving a stats photo that fits a lot more into the image than a screenshot does.

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

Why make it harder? There is already code that generates the standard stats image. Just saving that to the device is sufficient. There was functionality in the old scanner to share from there but I personally never did that... I just got as far as saving it then quit.

• RostwoldRostwold ✭✭✭✭✭

Because the stats don't all fit on one screenshot.

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

You don't need a screenshot. The Ingress code just needs the ability to take the already-generated image that is your profile and save it.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

so how can niantic raise the 3* rating in google playstore ?

• Sp3ck4Sp3ck4 ✭✭

While spoofers are flying free and niantic doesn't do anything (although hundreds of reports was made demonstrating impossible times during months) three stars seems to me more than generous.

If we add the slowness of the game to perform most of the actions, the difficulty of using the interface compared to redacted and the wayfarer mafia, 2 stars would be more than a good note.

Let's not forget about the failures when linking that force you to restart the game. And the rest of the bugs...

Niantic silence for almost everything...

What really surprises me is that today there is someone capable of giving it 5 stars. It is madness...

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

I did this often. I'm a stats junkie. I like my numbers.

I have a TON of old screen shots that I took with the original scanner app. From the days when stats were first added to teh game, to the day they released the new levels (and many of us jumped from L8 to higher levels (L14 here)), to the day I hit L16!

Granted I've imported my stats into agent-stats.com as well as the Resistance Stats program for years. But having a local hard copy doesn't hurt either.

BUT, if they'd release something like an API where I could check my stats or pull them once a day at a certain time. Actually I'd pay for API accessibility. Like in the game Resources (which has been selling API credits for years now). I'm sure there are more than a few others that would pay for such access. Would be nice to see a gamer card hack (mod) of sorts on the forums where we could at least show off our IGN, Faction, Level and maybe even AP/Total AP.. Would be easily able to be modified for all games that Niantic currently creates. @ace @NianticBrian @NianticCasey

Here is two examples of what some people see on some other forums they visit. Would be pretty cool to have something similar on the forums here. Could easily be incorporated into the Wayfarer forums, and I'd bet you could figure out how to show off POI's discovered and reviewed in the Wayfarer forums.

• I dont see what the problem is. They EARNED that three star rating.

Also, the one star redacted brigade has nothing to do with the current rating. Redacted was officially retired six months ago. Prime's rating went down to 3.4 or so and stayed that way for several months.

I've been very vocal since day 1 of prime that we needed less like prime and more like redacted.

Im still waiting for them to figure out they coded their passive compass onto their avatar, and coded their passive avatar onto their compass. I've been waiting for two years to see a working compass in a location based game. The compass worked fine before prime.

Im still waiting for a game that is visible without eyestrain both at night, and in daylight with sunglasses. I'm only 42. I have 20/20 vision, and I can no longer see what im doing. I've been waiting for two years.

Im still waiting for a comm that displays entire messages without cutting off half lines of text. For two years, i've waited for an interactive team-based game to produce a functional in-game chat which they had in an older version.

But none of that will solve my real dillemma.

Deep in my heart, i know prime always was, and always will be a failure. For two years, what I've been waiting for was Redacted to be brought back. All it needs is a new platform. If they can't bring back redacted, they also can not fix prime.

• aaronviannoaaronvianno ✭✭✭✭

You know what's the most ridiculous part about Niantic. You guys won't take action on even the most obvious spoofers.

At this point it's possible to be an L16 spoofer. That's how bad you guys are at this.

@NianticBrian

• GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭

I heard the Niantic wants to release about 10 more games, and this is instead of bringing this game to a rating of at least 4.0.

• After one year launched, the rating still as low as it can. How can a company is so arrogant like this.

• AkceptorUAAkceptorUA ✭✭✭✭

They really deserve 3* rating and that's it.

Please consider the fact people usually complain more than thank and lots of old-school players put 1* when [Redacted] retired.

So to move average up Niantic needs something outstanding. But there is nothing that can be considered as revolutionary from the first Prime release, just minor changes...

Here is my recent review and I believe its fair enough

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020

They should do a roadmap, what we can expect, what new features are they working on etc etc.... just being silent isnt good i hope they change this if they want to drastic improve store rating they need to start communicate what they have plans for ingress new stuff etc otherwise we are just guessing as always.... Like we still dont have a score widget like redacted, will that for example ever come ? a unique hack/cap indicator on portals is also something many want, pogo has this so why not ingress? and what about this server thing that they told us about, will we ever switch so we can get new features and so on ?

• I think Niantic needs a larger Playerbase to solve the 1* Rating Problem.

If I remember back: Niantic probably didn't bring as many players into the game as we did. Most of us probably got into the game because someone pointed it out to us.

I think if we, as players, got more public exposure, we could get more players back (or new ones) which could mean more ratings and maybe more 3*-5*. This in turn will lead to a better display in the Playstore which in turn will encourage more people to try the game.

Certainly not a solution for bugs and spoofers. But maybe someone who sees his game growing will program it with more commitment than someone who maintains a dead game.

• AkceptorUAAkceptorUA ✭✭✭✭

Adding recruiters badge back can help having new people as well

• TabrisJTabrisJ ✭✭
    edited July 2020

They deserve that

• TabrisJTabrisJ ✭✭
    edited July 2020

edited

Post edited by TabrisJ on
  • gazzas89gazzas89 ✭✭✭✭✭

To people complaining about not much updates happening in ingress, I've only been playing for 4 months, after playing pogo fir 4 years now, while ingress might not be as visually appealing, it's a much more polished game, I've hardly ever ran into a bug and when I do it's usually one that doesnt repeat, the one or 2 bugs that did repeat niantic fixed fast. The drone us a great example, it's in place and hardly any issues now, in pogo, if something like that was introduced, they would still have bugs from it 3 months down the line. The only issue I have is distance tracker, they should have fixed that by now

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Having big events, such as Hexathlons and Anomalies, and Niantic to advertise Ingress more would help.

But we're stuck in worldwide pandemic, expected to last at a minimum of 2 years.

Such that now, to bring back all the old players, would entail having the Redacted UI skin. And that would require the game to have a significant overhaul to make it modular enough to support skinz. People WILL pay for it.

At least Prime is no where as bad now, as it was when it first came out.

Sad though, you have to agree to why it was given 1* by a lot of people when it was in such an awful state. Much better now, but players have left

• YURI5KYURI5K ✭✭

well, niantic decided not to do anomalies. that is not related to covid19, number of anomalies was greatly reduced, number of missiondays was greatly reduced at least in europe. comunity decline came with it, and prime was just nail to coffin.

game design is scaled to way that cannot sustain many players in small area, its sad, but I feel like in this phase niantic cannot save ingress anymore.

I rarely even start ingress despite having most of medals black, and notifications coming from game are strange. last drone function might be cool (have to try it yet), but introducing political topics and equality topics is something I prefer not to have in game.

• I think NIA is prioritizing Pokemon GO & Harry Potter.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

well pokemon go earns bilions each year so im not suprised but we ingress players should also get some events, even virtual like pokemon go fest @home.. we could get events also now with drones or something extra..... since no real events until early next year.....