Destroyed MU medal 🥉

TheKlutenTheKluten ✭✭✭

A lot of times a agent drives / hikes / travel for miles and miles to take down a baf.

I think a medal for MU destroyed would be good 😁

Ofc you won't get mu destroyed if a virus is used.

What do you think?

Comments

• GlenuendoGlenuendo ✭✭✭✭

@GoonieGuy , I would be ok if you got credit for taking down MU by blowing it up but I wouldn't be a fan of getting credit for using a flip card.

• BGracaBGraca ✭✭✭

Excellent. 😊

• Sure, but I'm pretty sure this is another one they wouldn't retroactively give you. MU destroyed isn't tracked in the stats.

• TheKlutenTheKluten ✭✭✭

@SpiderWolve

If you read logs in Redacted you can see that exs -490mu so im pretty sure they log it , so making a Destroyed MU medal should be possible

• BGracaBGraca ✭✭✭

+1

• No, earning 60% of AP from fields and only one badge is enough for a so easy action like firing XMP.

Ingress need more building not more things to take agents to be destroyers.

• PangarbanPangarban ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a good idea, and I hope it wouldn't be retroactive. I want new medals so I have new goals and things to do, not simply for another shiny.

• Like the idea. I myself don't get out to do much fielding (mainly play in a CC) but I have made a few trips to take down decent sized fields/BAFs.

• SoylentGrienSoylentGrien ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the idea but it would require a new stat. There are other stats already recorded that don't have a medal. Every building-related medal should have a combat equivalent, e.g. links destroyed, fields destroyed.

Having said that, if more medals are created it might require rethinking the medal requirements for levelling. Including requiring some medals to get to level 8.

• Supported! We need this! :)

• blocking the flip card credit is good. that would be a fun badge, "some men just want to watch the world burn"

• 3abkarinov3abkarinov ✭✭✭

Great idea

• Honestly, I don't like the idea of this badge because destruction receiving multiple rewards seems shallow to me. Why reward destroying resos and MU and then potentially links and fields means knocking down one portal gives you significant points towards four badges now.

• Then again, creating field with single key counts for Illuminator, Connector and Mind Reader.

• Agree entirely. There should be parity between building/attacking stats. Regarding the views that Ingress is all about building: If no one destroyed anything, the game would stagnate under fields of a single colour making the linking/fielding part of the game impossible for one side or the other

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

not everyone are builders, u cant force ppl to play one way only..

• cheatchcheatch ✭✭✭

Ya, they need to get rid the MU medal. Linking and fielding is kinda lame

• I still think a destroyed MU medal would be good for the game.

We all love medals and I hope that we can can get it on the road map in Prime 😊

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

Love it! 💙

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019

What if each medal had 2 sides: a builder and a destroyer side. And the medal will flip if one is bigger than the other, or the agent can choose with side will be visible in his profile.

Because adding a counterpart for every medal will make the profile a mess...

• KatthKatth ✭✭✭

Destroying is already rewarded enough as it is with the AP you get from it. Building is rewarded more, but it also costs significantly more time. Fields you build in 1 hour are destroyed in 5 minutes and the AP is more than half of what you get from building. Time versus reward it's much better to destroy than to build if you look at it AP wise.

So that's why destroying should not be rewarded more with another medal in any way. Not for MU destroyed, not for links or fields destroyed.

• I beg to differ As I tried to explain an the start it would be a good reward for a agent traveling for hours to take down a BAF , and NIA is allready logging the destroyed MU so why not a medal for it ?

Maybe it even will result in perma BAF beeing taken down much faster because the agent just want that medal :)

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

If it costs like 4x the illuminator, I would approve it.

It had to be a hard medal. Hard enough to not became another spoofer magnet and have you mega field destroyed by the fastest flyer who see it.

• EngrishEngrish ✭✭✭✭

I agree, the amount should be way more then the Illuminator, I would say almost 5 or 10 times more (per tier) only because it's easier to **** a big fields then to put one up.

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

Would you still invest the money and time going for it?

With a badge, any spoofer can take it down in any moment, so your chances of getting there first are not very high.

I think it's ok not having a badge for this. At least, not with the current spoofer community status.