Pending discussion approvals

Does everyone in recruitment need to get a post approved or did I just do something that triggered something that I was unaware of?

Tagged:

Comments

• CriminalBizzyCriminalBizzy ✭✭✭✭

Hmmmm :thinkingemoji: Looks like I triggered somehing. Since there is no easy way to tell which one of the Niantic moderators are online I am just going to tag @nia_casey for a little help!

edited June 2019

Thank you very much for the quick response! FYI there might be two because I saw it was a draft and tried to click post again.

• Just did a quick pass of the moderation queue, did your comment get posted?

@nia_casey Yes! Thanks! I also tagged you on a duplicate post because I originally thought it was added to my drafts, so there are two posts of the same thing.

Looks like you got it! Thanks for the assist!

@nia_casey I think this discussion can be closed. Thanks again!

• wikkedimpwikkedimp ✭✭✭
  • jplolojplolo ✭✭✭✭

@nia_casey I'm stuck in a similar situation, looking for the cause of my post needing additional approval, which I may never see since the post was placed into draft.

It was a fiction Ingress story. I have censored all curse words under suspicion. I'm left wondering if there is a word count limitation?

I don't wish to have my multiple attempts to find the issue cause a flood of repeat posts once approved. Can you please take a look?

• wikkedimpwikkedimp ✭✭✭

@nia_casey yep. Same. Can we have an idea as to how long a discussion will sit in review? Mines been there for almost 24 hours.

• PhoenixEnigmaPhoenixEnigma ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

Yeah, this is not a super timely system, it seems. I'm guessing the fact that I had a few hyperlinks in my sitrep caused it to get flagged, which feels particularly annoying when it's on top of the requirements to create links at all. I noticed mine is no longer in my drafts section, either, so I can't review it - I'm hoping it will actually go live and not simply be lost effort?

Overall, I'm not particularly impressed - compared to posting my sitrep on basically any other platform, it's taken considerably more effort and time for more limited formatting options, and it's still not live. It's nice to have the larger Ingress audience here, but right now it's a hard platform for me to recommend to others wanting to share stuff, simply because it's so hard to actually share anything!

EDIT: Apparently still shows in my drafts, just didn't see that folder on mobile? That's something, at least

• edited June 2019

Thanks for the ongoing feedback everyone. I'll be honest that I don't think our moderation process is perfect and @PhoenixEnigma, your point about the ease and time of sharing SitReps in particular is duly noted.

For the sake of transparency, we are also trying to downplay or prevent the potential for abuse and harassment within this Community as best we can and moderation is one of the tools that we're employing in that quest.

Like with everything else in this forum, expect this to evolve over time as we learn from both your feedback and experience but for now all I can say is that I'm working to make it better as best I can. Thanks for understanding!

@NIA_casey I got another post that triggered a manual review.

• wikkedimpwikkedimp ✭✭✭

@NIA_casey I hope so. Because this waiting for manual review (Don't worry, I don't have anything in review, yet) due to linking, quoting or adding pictures or GIFs to a comment, is highly irritating for those of us that don't want to play the "Pineapple on Pizza" game just reach level two.

• mcwebtreemcwebtree ✭✭✭

Despite having reached level two my comments all seem to still need approval. Not sure which digital algorithm I've upset...

• mcwebtreemcwebtree ✭✭✭

Except that one... and maybe this one?

• You forgot to bring a shrubbery to the knights who say ni. You’ll have to use a Trojan rabbit for any future posts to go through without approval.

@mcwebtree the manual review is independent of levels and do not affect the other.

• ArtilectZedArtilectZed ✭✭✭✭✭

@NIA_casey Could we get some kind of explicit notification telling us a post is awaiting manual review? Right now, some people will continue to spam the same comment, or figure that the site ate their post and retype it again.

• starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭✭

I have only made one post so far. It is still waiting for approval about 28 hours later. How long does it take to get a post approved?

There is a small pop up that will tell you that your post will show up when approved. Not the best but its there.

• ArtilectZedArtilectZed ✭✭✭✭✭

I haven't noticed it yet, but I did get one past that had to wait for moderation. I'll have to keep an eye more open, thanks.

• mcwebtreemcwebtree ✭✭✭

Then i shall have to

bravely ran away away

until I have something interesting to say

• mcwebtreemcwebtree ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

But the question is what upsets the digital gatekeeper and how can you tell what you did to trip it up.

Either way it seems to have let me be for today... (famous last words).

p.s. the other what?

• CesparCespar ✭✭✭

That's a good question and not even one that I can answer for a community I moderate - we use a discourse package and there are some strange triggers over seemingly nothing, I imagine it's somewhat similar on this forum too :P