Update on Anomalies and Events for 2020

2»

Comments

• spinyukspinyuk ✭✭✭

New Trekker related medals/games would be great, looking forward to that :)

• Enabling adventure sync like feature right now can be harmful for the game, thanks to cheaters. We know how adventure sync is exploited in Pokemon Go by using a simple app, Defit which increases your walking distance when you are chilling in couch. Niantic need to find a way to deal with this before enabling this feature.

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭

Same with Western Australia. We shut our borders to the rest of Australia and are now able to go live life almost normally with no community transmission. We still have to socially distance but this IFS will almost be normal.

• First fix the gps positioning player

• I'll be here waiting. I really want an event soon but we have to keep everyone healthy. I live in a city that only has four players and three of them (including myself) are Enlightened. So events are like my Christmas. Drive three hours to Atlanta, get there and have a blast. Next thing you know its time to head home. Then it's back to waiting a week for a portal to decay.

I hope to see everyone soon. Stay safe and have fun.

• HokeyBugleHokeyBugle ✭✭✭

Perfectly understandable, the update is very appreciated. V much looking forward to the battle beacons

One concern I have about rumors of a unique missions challenge; with the way missions are displayed, agents who keep a mural of specific banners won't be able to participate without ruining it. There are plenty of missions I'd like to do but can't for the sake of a e s t h e t i c s

• cyblockercyblocker ✭✭✭

Love the idea of having moving/mission global challenge. I also want to see mission days happening if possible, in countries without restrictions.

• Hulk32Hulk32 ✭✭✭

@NianticBrian @NianticOfficial please, if you are planning an event based on missions, invest some resources to fix Mission Authoring Tool for agents are not able to log in (or just rework it, since it's really out of date).

Thanks!

• GargishGargish ✭✭✭

Even though European countries are opening up more and more, large gatherings stay problematic and rules for them greatly vary from country to crounty. Travel to and from outside the EU is still not possible in many cases, so it isn't realistic to believe a worldwide anomaly (like Requiem Munich) could be held in the remaining months of 2020. Also part of any Ingress event is sitting and drinking together in an afterparty and this remains problematic at the moment. In the meantime I'm looking forward to these new types of Ingress events!

• Sometimes we need to select between life in game or real life.... And thank you for you selected.

If you can merge drone and xm anomaly it might be a little fun XD

• In addition there is the problem of agents that have already done every mission within 50+km. Something would need to be done to accommodate them fairly too.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

unique missions with drone could work even those that u have made before would count as unique if u do them with drone.

• So how are people supposed to care about connected cells competitions when you won't take action on blatant spoofers hopping across multiple continents?

• New global challenge/s related to Trekker/Missions would be great, looking forward to that. The Battle Beacon feature sounds interesting as well. It would be fun to have some kind of a challenge, even limited, to work together globally. :)

• kidobarrettkidobarrett ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

What are the Connected Cells rules and scores?

What will happen about Nemesis Sequence scores and results?

Post edited by kidobarrett on
  • YURI5KYURI5K ✭✭

thank you for making decision and publishing it. that is a good improvement.

maybe now you see how clever was to run so small set of anomalies last year. more and more I feel like amsterdam was last ever anomaly for me :(

• Thank you for this decision, I hope everyone at Niantic is safe

See you in the future!

• PangarbanPangarban ✭✭✭✭✭

A lot of players in England are submitting new mission banners in anticipation of a mission challenge. Unfortunately, with the way the pandemic is developing in some places, I expect they won't do a mission challenge for some time. However, it is a great idea as long as they give agents sufficient notice so that we can submit more missions!

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

u are wrong, niantic wrote they are considering doing global challenges based on trekker and missions so who knows.. i welcome this since we havent had that before as global.

• aaronviannoaaronvianno ✭✭✭✭

"We’re also exploring Connected Cells using the Regional Scoring feature". With the situation getting worse every day, do you guys really think such things are a good idea?

@NianticBrian @NIACHAOSMONKEY @NianticHilda @NianticOfficial

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

any news around "Global Challenges around movement (Trekker) or Missions completed". ??

• PangarbanPangarban ✭✭✭✭✭

I would love to hear more about this as well. However, I expect Niantic are holding off at the moment with the way the pandemic is going in many places.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

still nothing on the global challenges? i guess we dont get anything end of year.... RIP GLOBAL CHALLENGES, RIP BADGES

• What's happening in 2021????!!

• Any update for us this year? While a full Anomaly may not yet be possible, live Mission Days and First Saturdays should be possible by now.

• ToxoplasmollyToxoplasmolly ✭✭✭✭✭

Niantic made a blog post on this topic a couple weeks ago, and there's a corresponding discussion thread on these forums.

• Any update on anomalies this year or is it going to be next year before we get another one?

• I was at Mission day in Murrieta and it seems like it will probably be in Q2 of 2022 at the soonest. However, the only official answer was "soon"TM.