Ingress 2.50.1 Release Notes

Comments

• RostwoldRostwold ✭✭✭✭✭

It's an iOS only issue, introduced in 2.47.2 - they broke the normal 'swipe up from the bottom of the phone to switch apps' system, you now have to double-swipe, which is quite annoying (and doubly so because they didn't do it in 'that other app of theirs' where you can often trigger an app swap by mistake by swiping up as you try to do curveballs).

• RostwoldRostwold ✭✭✭✭✭

Some people get a bit defensive of the Ingress forum.

• MorganzaMorganza ✭✭✭✭✭

"Fixed: Fixed any order missions so Agents can complete mission waypoints in any order. Portal indicators will display on all mission waypoints in view."

-- That sounds **wonderful**. No more missing that portal off to the side because it is never the closest one!

• DestroyerTJDestroyerTJ ✭✭✭✭✭

@NianticBrian Hi.

Updated 2.50.1. The lower part can be lowered even lower to increase the playing area. Also, from above you can raise the agent panel above, how to make it so that the system signs and clock do not appear in HPWU. In HPWU, this has been implemented since the release of the game. Thank.

Maybe 🤷🤷🤷 But very few players in the world. You can speed up the process))) There are only tens of thousands of us ((

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020

Now the bug are resolve with all padlocks! 💙👍🏻😄 @NianticBrian

Post edited by jontebula on

And I have mobile with display 6,4". Players who have 4,7" - 5,5" displays, have little game zone. Thanks.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020

Now I understand why there is empty space there. My phone have a notch and the toolbar is removed there entirely. I can change the visual to is incorporate back to a square look, but I'm just moving the useless space elsewhere.

But when I'm not using it, is just a dead space. This should be at least be optionally adjusted by the user, or smarted out automatically.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Hydraulinski

I disagree with the assertion of useless space, the notification bar shows important information.

In your pics, you have low battery. This dictates how much play time you have, we don't always carry with us a battery bank. So this is critical info.

The clock, if you have 20 minutes spare to play, then it is critical to maximise play time.

During anomalies, the notification bar shows the is messages on Telegram which pop up, as you know, this is critical to know when to move, and when.

With WU, and The Walking Dead, which I play also, those games I play less, due to ensuring that games aren't controlling my personal life, and play them when walking between portals.

However their assertion to be full screen, makes it incredibly, and unnecessary, tedious to switch between other games, and apps quickly.

• Would be great if the Dronenet Footage view had same wide field of view / flight-to interaction that the regular scanner does. After all, it's a drone high up in the air, so you should be able to see more distant.

edited June 2020

Seems like you're didn't realize that my toolbar appears above the game screen entirely, leaving a big empty and useless space in the place where you see the toolbar in your phone.

I can manually choose where my toolbar will appears, but it either leave a useless to my phone entirely (a black bar above everything) or a empty space on games. For some unknown reason I'm unable to play ingress in fullscreen mode, that would solve my problem completely.

But let's move on from this discussion, I understand why it's this way now.

• pORFECTIONpORFECTION ✭✭
    edited June 2020

Is it just me, or is there a bug while recharging in this one...?

1. Unload a key from a capsule

2. Recharge it

3. Stick it back into the capsule

4. Pick another key from even the same capsule, unload it

5. Try to recharge it.. and this is where it stops for me....

@NianticBrian

On Android 10

Post edited by pORFECTION on
    edited June 2020

Just confirming this. It crashed for me too.

Pocophone f1, android 10.

Got stuck on last key view.

• InerasIneras ✭✭✭

I'm having the same problem on my Galaxy Note 10+. It's especially annoying when I need to defend a portal and the screen goes blank.

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭

I'd like to have widget.

I'd like to have some useful settings:

*language(english or system,at least,english notifications are much usefully and grouped)

*notification picker and own alert sound

*60fps(personally i will try and turn it off to use less battery,but some people would like to have more visuals)

*accroding to previous,some kind of higher-lower graphics detail(now it depends of phone ram)

Then,about bugs:

my friend found one,his L8 account started playing tutorial sound with "tutorial loaded" text at bottom,minor but annoying.

another my friend still can't play on his phone(2.48 stuck after some time,2.49 and 2.50 stuck almost the first start)

dronenet still can tell about "xm object doesn't exist" in some cases

sometimes after operation with cap/qcap you will see for example unloaded resos but category downside will remain as "capsules".

also with capsules,after renaming capsule moves from it's position,so it makes capsule management a bit difficult.

Key management is still messed up,try to play actively with few lockers and manage which keys are missing

Recharging is still a pain if you're moving,and no alphabetical-ordered.

Anyway thanks for update.

• yea that XM is way too bright and glaring.

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

I must often restart Prime to see nomination button. Battery save mode dont work every time i start the Prime i must go to settings and wait 2-4sec and go out to map to get Battery save mode to work. Please fix the bug soon. @NianticBrian

• unagiramenunagiramen ✭✭✭

@NianticBrian I mentioned you on twitter, but let me post a bug also here. drone travel animation is strange when a start portal was out of Drone Footage view. I guess app fails to get coordinate of start portal. here is video on twitter -> https://twitter.com/unagiramen/status/1277966799418486789

scanner: 2.50.1 & iOS: 13.5.1

• I believe its one of those "new" "better" features for Apple Iphone Users its not A Google Feature.

• PhantomR1982PhantomR1982 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020

Maybe they could add a screen layout option to the settings that allows users to reposition the HUD Boxes and then allow them to lock in place taking into account the new screen sizes on phones...on my device when I had Android 8 the games I played at the time didnt fill the screen as it was as Full HD (19:9) and there was a mode from the task manager that allowed the system to fill in all black areas that were not standard/used screen size with the actual app screen and it worked perfectly...so its something for Niantic to look at.

If they allow fullscreen mode to be activated for the app this will be solved and use the maximum of the screen. hPWU is standard in fullscreen, with bars and phone buttons hidden, while pGO and ingress have permanent top bar and bottom buttons always showing up. Considering that is a game, I believe it should use fullscreen aways.

But the dead space for the top bar should not exists, is the first game I noticed it. Every other app is smart enough to show the bar and real game screen separated.

• Oh I Agree with you @Hydraulinski I've noticed wasted space before as well,the constant evolving changes to the menus drive me banana's and those flashy seizure like graphics from the day they appeared I've hated but alas they dont think of users that may have epilepsy and these kind of graphics can set them off.

btw the system setting I mentioned was on the tab of the app window when you load the task manager under android you tap the logo on the window eg..ingress and then two options popup to enable stretch to full screen.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Disagree.

Ingress is a Massive Multiplayer Online Real Time Strategy (MMORTS), and is unlike anything else on the market.

You generally don't need to spend whole lot of time with communities with pgo or WU, but Ingress, local communities, as well as organising gear, and other communication, means that there is often 2 or more, other apps that need to be run in parallel, eg, Telegram

So the Notification bar is quite critical in the overall gameplay.

Being usefull or useless, is irrelevant in the discussion I'm proposing. Can you see in the previous pictures I have posted from my scanned that show a big empty space? That is the problem. That should go away. The status bar can still be visible outsite the game screen.

Ingress Prime have a big empty space in the top of the screen, suposedly to have the status bar merged withing the game (as you can see in the pictures above) whitout a black bar, just the icons over gamescreen. That's a really good concept, but is clearly flawed in devices that have notch or dedicated space for notifications, leaving a big hole of nothing where was suposed to have a merged statusbar.

In pokémon this is unnoticiable since it doest have anything on the top of the screen, but ingress have a experiente bar and others uder interface features there, and the blank space is obviously spoted. The interface should be lifted up to use that part of the screen, adding extra space on the middle of the screen.

@Grogyan can you understand that the statusbar can stay if those changes get applied?

• I like the drone update, cool to finally be able to see it on the screen!