Increase items storage

Pokémon GO have it. Please fix it soon to ingress and move it out from Description service. Lots of agents i talk with like to have same Pokémon GO have not pay monthly for increase items storage. please listen on agents feedback and move it out from Description service. @NianticBrian

Comments

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020

Now Niantic work on description service and increase storage. I hope we can buy more space for cmu not pay monthly for incerase storage. Lots of agents i talk with like pay with cmu but never pay monthly for increase inventory space. We play for free when Niantic only work on monthly pay for incerase storage. I hope Niantic move increase inventory capacity from description service and give us somthing better for pay monthly.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably not since many players create new accounts just to store extra stuff.

I think more creat new accouts to increase inventory for free if Niantic dont sell increase inventory in store and only lock it to subscription service with high price.

• I had no idea that problem existed when I made my comment

• No matter how high the cap is, my inventory will expand to fill it almost instantly.

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭

That will ruin balance at all. Right now balance is moved to "better attack not build fields", and any premium subs will make ingress gameplay more "pew-pew" not strategic,especially with covid reso bonuses and drone and shield nerf and itoen- etc etc. Right now i managed to fit almost 1500 xmp's,with sub i can fit 2000 as an example. It's enough to make some local apocalypse xD and it is not good.

In my humblous opinion of course.

edited June 2020

I only ask @NianticBrian help us move increase inventory capacity from subscription service and we can buy it for CMU sometimes we need or will have more inventory space. If Niantic dont listen and only lock it to subscription service my family and friends start accouts and i can hold 4-8 thousand items for free. Lots of agents i talk with do the same but they will spend money if Niantic help us we can buy more inventory space if we pay CMU.

Post edited by jontebula on
  • will the game still be free to play after the subscriptions are added. If not I’m going to stop playing

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

ofc it will still be free... u dont have to pay that day subscription comes thats up to u...

We could have separated inventory for each category of the carroussel and each one being expansible by purcharshing more slots (like HPWU did).

• In Pokémon Go, players use multiple accounts even though they can buy more item slots. So it doesn't seem like a solution.

Do we have shinny resonators?

I'm sure they're not using multiple accounts to have more inventory slots, a thing that happens in ingress.

Different game = different reasons to cheat.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020

they do so they can catch more legendary froml raids, ive seen this myself not too strange 1 person holding 2 phones to catch more legendary monster.....

This is a problem we don't have in ingress.

Our multiple accounters do it for extra inventory, spoofing and double deploy.

Fun fact: HPWU only have one way to cheat: spoofing. The game was made in a way that having multiple accounts is just a multiple waste of time. Well, probably there are loners doing it to do the battles easier, but generally is just that. You can't trade your items or monsters. You can't harm other peoples.

Ingress agents say they can buy more store if Niantic relese we can buy more space for cmu. When Niantic say nothing lots of agents continue store items on friends and family accounts. I hope @NianticBrian understand more agents in Ingress like pay with cmu for more inventory space not subscription service for more inventory space. I pay same day Niantic relese we can buy more inventory space with CMU.

• What changed your mind? For months you were railing against any paid advantages especially inventory?

• It's the same underlying problem.

PoGo: Multiple accounts means more bites of the cherry to get Shiny creatures that can be then traded to the main account, and allow people to battle creatures alone that require multiple accounts.

Ingress: Multiple accounts means more R8s deployed meaning people can make P8s with less players.

Multi-accounting provides advantage in accounts regardless of the game. The significant difference in PoGo is that the gain is not a loss for others. There's no significant damage to others for someone having multiple accounts, and they're welcomed in the community. In Ingress, multi-accounting cross the player's impact of cheating line and therefore is sacrosanct.

Spoofing is a side note that doesn't depend on multiple accounts, but often once you've broken one sacred law, you're willing to break others.

My point was just that extra inventory has nothing to do with multiple accounts in Pokemon GO.

Different games should not be used as comparison. Backpacks characters are very common in MMORPG, but in those game the player can have as many characters as he wish in his account, so it's not a problem. Company just interfere when discover that one person is running multiple clients on same computer, probably because thats one person using two spots on theirs servers, prevent a new customer to get in. Niantic should realize this and get rid of the "family device" thing. At least the cheaters will have to buy another phone.

Back to ingress, if people are needing extra inventory to the point to pay for it or cheat, Niantic should do something about. Either allow us to expand the inventory if we want or be radical and remove item drop or put this action at the comm, so the community can easily identify the cheaters.

• Announcing or abolishing item drop is a non-starter.

a) because key transfers for megafields are a significant part of the game, and gear transfers almost as much so they can't be removed,

b) and for the same reason announcing that a secret transfer is happening is almost as bad.

So on the Inventory aspect, there are reasons for limiting inventory, based on game theory. But I agree, right now the balance is off, which is why people turn to cheating. The game is unbalanced, so people don't see it as cheating to 'rebalance' it in their favour.

Cheating is always defined as what the community sees as an unfair advantage, not what the game company does.

That said, there are rules to a game for a reason. If the players could choose to ignore any rule they wanted whenever they wanted it, it wouldn't be much of a game. Niantic can't easily restrict players to one account, which is the real crux of multi-accounting and backpacking. So providing a way to expand the inventory is a good thing, though I doubt the backpackers will feel bothered to pay since they already have "broken their bubble" on cheating and are ok with it at this point.