2020.06.19 YouTube Passcodes, Easter Eggs, Etc

This topic is for the discussion of the YouTube videos released on June 19 2020.

For reference the videos are numbers in the order they have been uploaded

So far today 3 videos have been released, if more are uploaded today, then will add to this discussion

#1 Lightman Video Logs #2 Notes on the Equation

#2 Requiem Unmasked

#3 Lexicon's Departure

Comments

• cheatchcheatch ✭✭✭

From #3 Lexicon's Departure

I haven't decoded this yet, I'm assuming it is a passcode

• cheatchcheatch ✭✭✭

From #2 Requiem Unmasked:

The description has a link to a picture:

[ https://bit.ly/2AP9xpK ]

• cheatchcheatch ✭✭✭

Didn't notice this until saving / uploading, part of a passcode?

The file name is : requ-extendedintel310ugs54ln.png

• Nonsense.

All these are videos in a tessera media that have been released at least 1 day before.

Since you now noticed passcodes may exist, they are all already fully redeemed for at least 1 day.

• cheatchcheatch ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020

Oh, ya, think I've look through a video like this before and everything was redeemed.

What would be cool is if the passcode was unlimited (an agent still can only redeem once), then had a random chance of redeeming something special

Also a new stat that keeps track of 'investiagation' passcodes being redeemed.

• cheatchcheatch ✭✭✭

I'm seeing them uploaded today (10 hours ago)

What is tessera media?

• ArkFangArkFang ✭✭✭✭✭

They were only made Public earlier today. They’ve been around but not public for a good while. Most, if not all, of the codes are FR by now

The Tessera media are attached to the Tesserae, hexagonal objects redeemed through the codes for the global drops and targeted Decode drops. Look in The Tessellation category for what I’m mentioning. If you’d like to take part in the Tessellation I recommend looking at The Tessellation Primer, Tessellation FAQ, and Tessellation Directives thread. If you have more questions I’m more than willing to answer any questions. If you have Telegram, my name there is ArkFang, same as here. Feel free to send me a message :)

• cheatchcheatch ✭✭✭

Can you explain step by step (dates) how these YouTube videos came to be?

• ArkFangArkFang ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020

Lightman Video Logs - June 12th

Lexicon Departure - June 15th

Requiem Unmasked - June 16th

Each one of the videos ties to the thread of the same name in The Investigation.

ex: Requiem Unmasked https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/11189/tessera-round-12-requiem-unmasked/p1

Post edited by ArkFang on
  • cheatchcheatch ✭✭✭

Ok, so in that forum post, "The Truthseeker" account made a forum post

"Truthseekers: Incoming clue. June 16th 1600 UTC.

Your Prediction Window is 60 min.

- PAC"

Then bunch of replies is posting screenshots of media from their scanner

How are these people acquiring the media?

• ArkFangArkFang ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020

The picture in Truthseeker’s post. Using the clues in it, the picture points to a specific portal name and (sometimes) an extra bit. The correct portal name and extra bit are then redeemed as a passcode. If it’s the correct passcode it will give the redeemer(s) the Tessera. Again, I’m happy to help if you’d like. Feel free to send me a message on Telegram if you want a more detailed guide to decoding the Requiem Tessera.

• cheatchcheatch ✭✭✭

I like to keep the discussion on this forum so if people want to know what these video were about can see.

So 'the truthseeker' released a image, your private telegram groups posted a media screenshot and declaring a faction and that is going to a 'score'?

Is that passcode still redeemable to get the media?

• ArkFangArkFang ✭✭✭✭✭

I do not want to drag too much explanation here to the forums, but I’m more than willing to explain on Telegram. I’ve given the basics, anything further I prefer to keep compartmented.

Yes, the score is visible on www.januslaboratorium.com/tessellation . The way scoring works, for the global drops and normal decodes, is that the first person to post a valid screenshot will get a point for their faction. When Prediction time comes for the Round, the first three confirmed agents who posted valid screenshots will be able to predict a placement on the Tessellation board (see link above). The faction that predicts first and correctly gets the next point.

The explanation for the Points and other things are freely posted in the Tessellation Primer, FAQs, and Directive threads in the The Tessellation category.

And I’m not sure if the passcode is valid to redeem or not but if you get the correct passcode the worst that will happen is that you’ll get the “fully redeemed” message, so you’d know if you got the correct code. .

• cheatchcheatch ✭✭✭

Sounds like a lot of 'gatekeeping'

I don't understand why NIA would publish the videos if all the pass codes have been fully redeemed and all the information is gate kept in private Telegram channels.

Can someone post the media pass codes so can try them out?^^

• ArkFangArkFang ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020

They publish the videos so that people who did not get the Tessera media can still follow what’s going on and get the new information. Not everyone has a big group they are part of that share the video links and whatnot.

And I doubt anyone will post the codes. Part of the fun is finding them in the video and deciphering/decoding if needed.

• I don't think all the information is gate kept in private Telegram channels.

The hint for passcode is just there. You decode it, you get it, it's a simple logic.

And the media of the Tessellation is just there, all information is public in community forum. I don't think Niantic have gave any private tg group or channel any specific "information" that not gave to public. If you know some, told me.

• cheatchcheatch ✭✭✭

So you are saying the pass code for the media is not fully redeemed?

• MegaSteeliXMegaSteeliX ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020

No one said that. Only if you decoded the code successfully it's when you know if it's FR.

If you meant the list of codes in pdf file…most of them are redeemed,there may be a few left, but to find them is not easy and makes no help to the Tessellation.

• cheatchcheatch ✭✭✭

So the pass codes are fully redeemed and gate kept?

I mean the pass code for the media

• ArkFangArkFang ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, the passcode for the media are fully redeemed. However, you can still figure out the passcode from the clues and if you find the correct passcode it will give you “passcode fully redeemed” instead of “invalid passcode” so you’ll know if you figured it out. You won’t get anything from it this time, but there are more challenges coming up soon

And we’re not “gate keeping” most of us just are not comfortable with sharing the solution so publicly here on the forum. As I said, I’m more than willing to share steps to solve the puzzle with you but over Telegram, as it makes it easier to get better back-and-forth conversations so I can better answer questions you have.

• cheatchcheatch ✭✭✭

Seems like 'the investigation' is being controlled by a small group of gatekeepers.

Your group is gate keeping the pass codes to the media by solving it and copy/pasting it until its fully redeemed.

Then your group is gate keeping the information about how they solved the pass code other than copy / pasting a screenshot in a forum post.

At the very least, the original solver should be made to show their work to get credit.

Overall, this is not good for Ingress lore and probably needs to be a 'redesign'

It's stupid for you to think anyone would want to decode a fully redeemed / gate kept pass code btw

• AtunatunakAtunatunak ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020

Do you know that this is also an ongoing competition between ENL, RES, and Nemesis? Explaining in public how we decode the clues means we'd give the information to the "enemy" 🤷🏽‍♀️

If you are really interested, look for the posts with contact info from each faction, talk to them, join the groups and participate in the teamplay; usually there is not an "original solver", just a "first redeemer" that got the info and clues needed for the final step thanks to the teamwork.

Also, many of the decoders are also members of the Essex Investigation XFC group, where all the lore info is shared sooner or later.

And decoding a FR passcode is still a useful way to learn decoding methods.

edited June 2020

So you think decoders and also other players should share passcodes to you at any situations. Or it's a gatekeep. You are even too lazy to decode from common clues, as other decoders did.

How you dare?

Who do you think you are?

• cheatchcheatch ✭✭✭

Ya, don't read anything I type and accuse me of a bunch of other things

'the investigation' is not designed to scale

once the answers have been turned it, they should become public information to make it more legitimate

Else, you are just gatekeepers trying to keep control of your small minded game

Like I said before, 'the investigation' needs a redesign

edited June 2020

Yes, Yes, Ok, you are right.

Suggest you to throw your idear directly to @NianticCasey and @Truthseeker 's face.

Thank you.

• cheatchcheatch ✭✭✭

Casey is in charge of 'the investigation'?

That would make sense why this is being done primary done on the community forums instead of YouTube.

The Ingress YouTube channel has 100k+ subscribers, they should be uploading to it everyday and redirecting the discussion back here

• cheatchcheatch ✭✭✭

Thanks, don't read anything I type and accuse me of a bunch of other things

Here's the link to one of the media 'dicussions':

Please enlighten me on how a screenshot from the 'truthseeker' and 12 pages of screenshots from the copy/pasted gate kept pass code media is good for Ingress / Lore?

There's not even a mention of who was 'unmasked' here at all.

Anyone first looking at this will probably assume its a knockoff Roland Jarvis lol

• AtunatunakAtunatunak ✭✭✭✭

Is good because then you know that soon the tess board will be updated with all the info about that tessera, as @HendrikTovenaar has already explained to you.