Any shot at a bicycling distance badge?

SplicerZeroSplicerZero ✭✭
edited June 2019 in General

Any chance we could get a cycling medal (like trekker) that tracks at a speed higher than trekker but lower than say 20mph?

I don't know about others but I play mostly biking and I'm too fast for trekker but still not cargressing.

Would LOVE a "courier" badge.

Comments

• msz21msz21 ✭✭✭

The only way this becomes viable is if GPS tracking gets to the point where it can immediately tell if an individual is in a car/bus/vehicle or on a bicycle. Otherwise this will not be happening any time soon in my opinion.

• NineBerryNineBerry ✭✭✭✭✭

When the adventure sync feature is implemented in prime, this should be doable.

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

I biked around ucf campus for a couple hours last night playing but it was stop and go for short distances most of the time so I still got a fair amount of trekker credit.

• It would be nice because I do a lot of bikegressing but it would be difficult to track properly. At this point I'm happy getting some Trekker credit when I'm climbing steep fire roads or trails.

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

@SpineyNorman I only hike in Florida where it is 100% flat. It never occurred to me that would be a problem in places like Tennessee and Kentucky

• OphthalmosOphthalmos ✭✭✭

I think it's a bad idea

• While I think the minimum should be raised to 10kph, I think bicycling trekker badge is not something that should be implemented

I think a "courier" badge would best be suited in an unique event like goruck.

• XK150XK150 ✭✭✭✭✭

I, personally, would be annoyed if a company whose motto used to be "Adventures on foot" added a game achievement that expected me to buy a bicycle.

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

Not a very apetising idea for me even when I'm all about Bikegress too.

I take it as another way to play, specially when it comes to large banners!

Anyway, trekker still increases on it, but in my experience, it only counts like 10% of distance travelled.

• DigitalisDigitalis ✭✭✭

i would rather see it be a skateboard badge. i skateboard. used to do bike, but bike is too restricting. skateboard is where its at.

• MajeyeMajeye ✭✭✭

And where does this end? You skateboard and therefore want a skateboarding medal?

Makes zero sense in Ingress. So, I suppose if you received this medal, we'd have to implement a razor scooter medal, a biking medal, a rollerblading medal, a bigwheel medal, a unicycle medal, a tandem bicycle medal, a pedal pub medal, a longboard medal, a sailing medal, a boating medal, a car medal, a truck medal, an OTR medal (for those truckers that play over long distances)... the list never ends once you go down this path.

There's already a medal that exists for all of these. It's called "Trekker".

• DigitalisDigitalis ✭✭✭

meh i dont want a skateboard badge any more then i want a bike badge. simply pointing out the silliness by showing that bicycle is not unique enough of a mode of transport to warrant its own badge.

lets not forget razor scooters paging @tomsvortex (guess not on here or name change?)

roller blades, rip sticks, there are many riding toys that could equally be this badge being requested - can you fit them all on one picture? if bike gets one, what about the rest of us?

lets not even get into the car badge then...

---

Niantics official position is and always has been that ingress is a PEDESTRIAN game, designed for pedestrian use. @RedSoloCup - care to confirm this?

• DigitalisDigitalis ✭✭✭

okay, stopped reading and hit quote on "do you want a skateboard badge" lol - we on the same page.