[Bug Report] Cannot hack via Drone immediately after moving

Phone model: iPhone X

OS version: iOS 13.5.1

App version: 2.49.1-9075e2e2

What happened:

I moved my drone to from Portal A to Portal B, then tried to hack B immediately without going back to agent view. Two things caught my attention:

1. The app said "XM object not available" after I tried to hack Portal B.
  2. The Portal image from Drone footage still showed Portal A when the drone was already moved to Portal B.

Comments

• RostwoldRostwold ✭✭✭✭✭

Same here (as in exactly the same: identical phone, OS and app version).

This seems to happen about 5% of the time, quitting the app and relaunching is a temporary work-round.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Having the same issue sometimes.

Android 10, Pocophone f1.

• Still getting this bug. Samsung Galaxy S10, Android 10.

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭

Seems that bug isn't related to device. Seen that on Pixel 4xl with latest official rom,on Samsung Note 9+ with latest stock too,on my own Mi A1 with custom Android 8...

And it's minor enough(just exit drone net and reopen it to make a hack,or restart Prime)...but pretty annoying.

• RostwoldRostwold ✭✭✭✭✭

Just to confirm that exiting drone net and then going back functions as a work-round for me on iOS too (and it's a lot quicker than quit and restart!)

• I'm still getting this bug on a OnePlus 6 with Android 10.

Exiting Drone net and going back in is sort of a workaround but that will result in another bug sometimes where the drone is placed one location back.

Example: drone is at portal A and I move it to Portal B, hacking isn't possible so I exit Drone net open it again and the drone is back at portal A so I move it to portal B again and hack it succesfully. One hour later I can move the drone from portal B to portal C, hacking isn't possible so I exit Drone net and go into Drone net again and the drone is at portal A instead of portal B or C. The drone wasn't recalled to my position but it jumped back one portal.

This is extremely anoying when you try to deploy the drone at a new location. At least once I recalled the drone deployed it somewhere went back home and after one hour the drone wasn't at that portal, it was at my location again while nothing happened to the portal where I deployed it.