Battery Saver Mode doesn't work (+ CMU wasted)

I noticed that Battery Saver Mode doesn't work as expected for me (blocking the screen when you put the phone upside down) about one or two weeks ago when I took my phone out the pocket and the in app store was open (luckily I don't have enough CMU). I thought I was my fault and didn't pay too much attention because due to COVID I don't play a lot lately.

Yesterday, a friend of mine took her phone out and found the in app store opened, unfortunately, she had spent about 15000 CMU in defense bundles without noticing. I asked her and she has BSM activated, but because it wasn't working properly it caused the mispurchase. She has written to Support and they say no refund of this wasted CMU is possible, which I think is really unfair because the problem wasn't totally on her end.

I have been investigating it and the only way I have to make BSM block the screen when the phone is upside down is unchecking and checking the box in Settings everytime I start the app.

I think this is something that needs to be taken care of, because we are talking about wasting real money @NianticBrian @NianticCasey @ace. Thanks in advance for all your hard work.

Version: 2.47.2-52a7183c, updated last night to 2.48.2-8c2f9538 and keeps being present

Device: Redmi Note 4

Language: Spanish

I've asked a few other agents and the ones that have this problem have different devices, different versions (it happens in 2.48 too), different languages settings in the devices (English or Spanish), and it happens both in Android and iOS.

Tagged:

Comments

• kamilus83kamilus83 ✭✭✭

Same here - spent some CMU in pocket for avatars... Kinda annoying.

• Battery Saver Mode still does not work in 2.48.2. I'm using Android.

On start-up, it does not work.

To get it to work, it appears that I have to go into Settings, wait a few seconds, exit, and without changing anything, it will start working.

Can we have official acknowledgement that Niantic is aware of this issue? Thank you.

• PetjohaPetjoha ✭✭
    edited June 2020

Hello.

I have the same problem. Battery Saver Mode does not work until you uncheck it in settings and then check the box again. It seems that this has to be done every time you start the Ingress prime app.

I have Iphone 11 Pro max

2.48.28c2f9538

latest iOS software

English language

Thanx

• AtunatunakAtunatunak ✭✭✭✭

This bug is still present in version 2.49.1.

• This bug has been around for a while, and I am worried that I spend CMUs on things I don't want while I am out for a walk.

• 2.48.2-8c2f9538 on a Pixel 4 works fine with Battery Saver for me.

• herobrine0447herobrine0447 ✭✭
    edited June 2020

2.48.2-8c2f9538 on Huawei Device

Battery saver not works.

• 2.49.1-9075e2e2 on Pixel 3

Need to go into settings and un check then check battery saver mode. Every time.

• DizzyBumDizzyBum ✭✭✭

Version: 2.49.1-9075e2e2

Device: Samsung Galaxy S9

Language: English

Bug is present for me. Every time I restart the app, Battery Saver stops working. I need to open the Settings menu and toggle Battery Saver mode to get it to work again. I also noticed that just opening Settings and waiting a few seconds also seems to work.

The bug is still present in version 2.50.1

• TeamWarezTeamWarez ✭✭
    edited June 2020

OP is about issue where blank screen doesn’t block input. That may or may not be as designed.

You (and others) are describing a completely separate issue where the setting is lost after restart.

You are totally right, thank you so much for your comment, I had no idea that having the battery saver mode activated still allowed to perform actions.

• bug is still present in 2.51.1

• still present in 2.52.1

is it even addressed by NIA? @NianticBrian @NianticCasey