Burning pixels on an AMOLED screen

During a continuous game with the screen turned on, on devices on which the AMOLED screen is installed, burnout of pixels is observed in the area of ​​the MENU button.

Suggestion: if the player is idling for a long time, then make the menu button dimmer.

Comments

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

This button is generally in the same place through all the screens and menus. While it's good for UX, it's not good for AMOLED.

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

No burning pixels on Samsung Galaxy S10+ with Exynos.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

heh, it was the same in old scanner, the OPS button was burned in on my last phone amoled screen.... maybe there should be option to make button more transparent or something ?

• SlimpakSlimpak ✭✭
    edited June 2020

Recently, after the start of the summer period, the problem has become more urgent.

Post edited by Slimpak on
  • SlimpakSlimpak ✭✭
    edited June 2020

Due to the heating of the phone and the phone’s screen constantly turned on, when the game is active, the screen heats up faster and the process of burning pixels becomes more progressive

• SlimpakSlimpak ✭✭
    edited June 2020

With the active use of the load on the screen using the "fixed display" application, such problems are not resolved even after a day of active treatment of the screen.

• SlimpakSlimpak ✭✭
    edited June 2020

Such problems make us leave a negative mark with constant ingra and I would like that in the future such defects do not appear on devices in which the amoled screen is built-in.

• SlimpakSlimpak ✭✭
    edited June 2020

Button location for active ingress

• SlimpakSlimpak ✭✭
    edited June 2020

Proof of Pixel Burnout in an Active Game

• SlimpakSlimpak ✭✭
    edited June 2020
  • SlimpakSlimpak ✭✭
    edited June 2020

proof of problem

• SlimpakSlimpak ✭✭
    edited June 2020

Proof of problem 2

• SlimpakSlimpak ✭✭
    edited June 2020
  • SlimpakSlimpak ✭✭
    edited June 2020
  • SlimpakSlimpak ✭✭
    edited June 2020

Everything is visible in the photos above and I hope this is enough to accept the problem and come to its solution.

• SlimpakSlimpak ✭✭
    edited June 2020

Because when using other applications ... for example YouTube. In bright areas of the video, this is especially noticeable and it is annoying every time you see this problem.

• SlimpakSlimpak ✭✭
    edited June 2020

I suggest that in the settings it was possible to disable static elements on the screen that are white or blue (these colors load pixels most) or change the position of these elements so that they are dynamic and with such use, overheating of pixels will not cause a problem 😕

• SlimpakSlimpak ✭✭
    edited June 2020

Also, after adding a point that indicates the readiness of the drone, it seems that this point will also remain on my screen for a long time even when ingress is off 😡

• SlimpakSlimpak ✭✭
    edited June 2020

I apologize for the flood, this problem just boiled up and every time others get my phone out, they ask what kind of problem place on the screen😪

• SlimpakSlimpak ✭✭
    edited July 2020

• KhatreKhatre ✭✭✭✭✭

i had the same thing on my old samsung S7.

the whole redacted scanner was burn in the screen and on a white page you could see ingress and read my name 🤣

Does not happen on s10