Hey Niantic! Can we have Pride avatars?

HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

The rainbow XM makes me oh so very happy, but it's temporary.

I generally wouldn't pay for decorative pixels, but I would absolutely fork over a couple of bucks for a Pride avatar, especially if some of the money went to LGBTQ-supportive charities. I would even pay for multiple and rotate them periodically.

There's a massive collection these days: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_symbols#LGBT_pride_flags

Comments

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

I mentioned this in another thread. I also think a pawprint avatar that went to ASPCA charities would be cool.

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭

I don't like pushing "lbgtq" things to everyone from server side without option to deactivate that. Thats actually very private thing who are U and whom do U love,that is not good thing to force everyone to see that rainbow xm. But,i don't care,as i said that's private choice of everyone,just like my own.Sorry if i told something in harmful way.

And about avatars...it's just like paid option to have that rainbow xm skin after that event,just as lots of people told, So,if somebody want to buy that,my opinion that Nia should sell that option. Really,why not?

• I wouldn’t mind having the option of different avatars for different seasons. I would pay a couple of dollars for each. Cupid in Feb, Leprechaun for March, Easter Bunny for April, etc. Would be fun to switch it up.

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd pay for a GoRuck Spear avatar.

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

@DSkatauri I tend to want to leave politics out of Ingress, but "Thats actually very private thing who are U and whom do U love" is a patently false. Every time you see a couple together in public it is a public statement. When someone mentions their wife, husband, boyfriend, or girlfriend in a conversation that is very public. When you attend a wedding that is a public statement. Who you love is woven into the fabric of every culture on the planet, and nobody ever stops to think about how very public that is until they encounter something that doesn't fit their expectations.