What powerbank you recommend?

Patka07Patka07 ✭✭✭✭

And how big pb do you use just to be able play without being afraid that power will end?

Comments

• ntzzntzz ✭✭✭

The best ones in my opinion are Anker, not lower than 20kmAh

Also recommended have a little one with 6-10kmAh for small travels.

• elfobcnelfobcn ✭✭✭

I just use a Ravpower 20100 mAh with Quick Charge with any issues.

• KhatreKhatre ✭✭✭✭✭

Anker 10k fastcharge

• zaonszaons ✭✭

Ingress Cheero, just because it looks good 😁

• The cheapest, no-name 20000 mAh I can lay my hands on. It will do fine for the 4-6 months before I invariably leave it in a pub, on a train or in some other fashion lose it.

My biggest problem is finding cables that are reasonably priced, light weight and last more than a couple of weeks

• GlenuendoGlenuendo ✭✭✭✭

I'm a huge fan of Anker. I'm keeping my eyes out for one that will have both USB and USB-C ports. I still have the Anker Astro E7 26800mAh from 2016 and it still in great shape.

• DigitalisDigitalis ✭✭✭

28,600 Mah anker was my goto, but now that i have a moto mod capable phone, it goes 8+ hours of ingress no problem with the mod battery.

since i have the anker when the mods battery runs dry i take it off and plug it up in my backpack.

no cords dangling to the phone again, ever.

i can do anomaly pre work, during, and still have juice left for after with just the moto mod capable device and mod battery.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

Anything Anker.

They have a 18 month warranty on all of their items.

• LemoMcLemonFaceLemoMcLemonFace ✭✭✭✭

Anker for me.

I've used ankher since I was first put onto them when I first met another agent, many many years ago.

I recently purchased an off brand cheap power bank via Wish, and I wish I didn't, fully charged it lasts about 16minutes, yet is supposed to be 21k.

• SonicgottSonicgott ✭✭✭✭

Ingressing for a few hours? 5k.

Ingressing for a day? 10k.

Ingressing for a weekend/anomaly? 20k+.

• WeyrleaderWeyrleader ✭✭✭

I've had a Xiaomi 16000mAh for the last 3yrs, highly recommend.

I'm just looking for a power bank with two USB-C ports two charge multiple phones.

• BunnyPrimeBunnyPrime ✭✭✭

I like my Anker batteries. I used to always have a 20k with me, but now prefer my 10k and 13k. Smaller and lighter, and they still last for ages.

• Brand: I've used Anker and RAVpower and I'm happy with both. RAVpower is usually less expensive for the same features

Capacity: 10000 mAh for carrying around, 26800 mAh for longer trips. Note that 26800 mAh is the highest capacity you can easily bring on a flight (batteries above 100W require airline approval).

Features: USB PD, bonus if it also supports QC 3.0. Both for input (recharging the battery) and output (recharging the phone).

Good quality cable is also very important.

• Damogran72Damogran72 ✭✭✭

I have a small 5200mAh powrbank that has a builtin flashlight, and thats quite enough.

iPhone 8 has juice for 5 hours of playing, and pb gives 5 more hours, and I can always charge both of them while moving to the next spot with car

• BurliBurli ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

I have always 2 of the 26800 Anker with me at Mission weekends. One is for Backup, If there are problems with the recharging at night...

• silverkalisilverkali ✭✭✭

I've been using the same 20000 Anker since my third week of playing Ingress. It's an absolute brick but it's never let me down. If it's fully charged it'll easily get me through a weekend anomaly/mission day.

• Would recommend any Anker powerbank.

Personally I have the 13400mAH one because its really good fit with the frame bag in my mtb.

PS: Anker powercords are also nice :)

• Many have recommended Anker, and I'll agree. I haven't seen a better battery company than them. I would like to note what sized Anker depends on what your use case for it is. Will it be in your bag? Pocket? What device are you running off of it? How long will you go between charges?

Personally, I found the USB C power core with 20K mAh to be the best for me, mainly because it was on sale. If it's just you, a 10k would probably be fine, but a 20k can go longer, and a 26800 can go for days, or even over a week, and will have no issue sustaining multiple people.

Regardless, the most important thing is you have A battery in your bag of any kind. It could be the difference between making an emergency call or not being able to if you're hiking. Always keep your phone alive.

If you have this: https://www.weboost.com/products/drive-4gs

I can confirm that the Anker Astro E7 26800mAh will be able to power it in low signal areas where a booster is needed.

• I got about 5 small 10€ battery packs and a bigger one (tp link 10400 mah)

Upsides: if one breaks you can easly replace one, fast charging you can charge them all at the same time/ability to charge one or two while using others. You can borrow one to a friend.

Downside: you carry around 5-6 battery packs

• drh4kordrh4kor ✭✭
    edited June 2019

Ankers w quick charge 3.0 are top notch.

The Power Core+26800 is the best for operations on the field.

2 USB 2.0 ports

1 USB 3.0 port

iQ feature knows the exact voltage to maximize the charge.

My 2¢ based on 6 anomalies and hella battles!

• I’ve got a RAVPower 32000. Haven’t been able to fully drain it on a single ingress/pogo weekend binge. It’s a damn brick to carry around for sure but I’m usually charging two iPhones at the same time (both my sons and my own). It has my approval.

• Kevinsky86Kevinsky86 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

Just to add to the stack, any anker that satisfies your usage parameters. I have several they are superb.

• Pineng PN-999 20.000mAh

• Been using the Anker 20100 for about 3 years been a great piece of kit. I use Anker cables as well and have had 2 replacements (no hassle from Anker) for failed cables.

• If you got Xioami in your country, then go for Mi2.

• caytcayt ✭✭✭

I highly recommend ravpower. Their bricks are comparable to Anker, and lower price point.