June IFS Triple AP Issue

So, to my knowledge, we were supposed to obtain triple AP for June IFS, according to the tweet in the picture from Ingress.

My starting AP at the start of June IFS was 15,954,705, I yielded 402,225 AP during IFS, so my ending AP was: 16,356,930.

Yesterday for the "triple AP bonus" and badge push, I ended at: 16,897,974

Now, I've linked and fielded a bit since June IFS and if my math serves me correctly, I should've yielded 804,450 yesterday as it should've been a triple bonus, not a double bonus. I should've gained a level from the AP bonus yesterday and didn't.

I contacted one of the leads of the local ENL here that checks us in during IFS events regarding my AP start/ending/gains, here is what she said:

And a screenshot of my current AP/level.

So.. I don't know what happened or where the AP gains went wrong, but the AP I got yesterday was the incorrect amount.

I tried to contact my own RES leadership, they told me to wait it out and wait for an email from Niantic/Ingress, but I'm more proactive than that, so hopefully somewhere here can provide answers beyond that.

Answers

• JudyBJudyB ✭✭✭

I noticed that the latest First Saturday rules say that Niantic work out your AP based on the first and last hacks during the period of the event, which may not be the same as the numbers from your scanner captured by the FS organisers.

Normally I would have expected the difference to be small, but is it possible that you gained a lot of AP before or after the hacks used by Niantic to measure your AP gain?

• MajeyeMajeye ✭✭✭

Yep! We were well aware of this during our IFS, our organizers told us exactly when to hack the event portal before and after. Gave us very specific time frames and everything. Minnesota RES and ENL run like a well-oiled machine when it comes to cross fac events like IFS.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

The sheet numbers are not the numbers NIA uses. According to the sheet I earned 555.000 AP, I received an e-mail yesterday stating I had earned 530750 AP. So they measure the AP earned in the time window from their own data, not from the sheets.

The additional AP was limited to 1.000.000 for me.

• Sheet numbers are for the scores on the day and prizes/certs. Your first and last hack inside the play time generate the AP. So if you don't hack close to the 2 hours end time you can loose that AP gained , hack at kick off hack with 30seconds to close. 💚💙

• MajeyeMajeye ✭✭✭

I appreciate the answers, but the numbers still don't add up.

• what does the email say you got?

• Well the email comes from having the setting enabled to "Send me events, offers and updates", and yes - this HAS to be in Prime. I don't know why, I'm not Niantic, but if that setting was disabled at time of email sent - you won't get it. Just enabling the setting won't retroactively send emails.

If you do the math, you have gained 534,044 AP between those screenshots. So you roughly got 250k measured, resulting in 500k. (Assuming the remaining 34,000 is from your activity outside of FS)

Just because you can see the ornament, does not mean the AP 2hr window has started. I know you stated it is a well-oiled machine, but it sounds like someone explained wrong time or AP was earned outside of windows, because there is around 150,000 AP missing. I bet it was an hour off or something like that. I don't think there is an issue here.