Allow Drone to travel through portal links

GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

Allow agents with level X unlocked to send the Drone through a link from the portal it is currently sitting.

You could even limit it, if you will, to origin portals only, this means, links created FROM that portal.

Thoughts?

Comments

• GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭

What for? The idea itself is good, but there is no sense from drones yet.

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

What is the drone intended for? Why can't I have a link jump for it? Your question is well formuled, but the target is wrong! xD

(like)

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

I would prefer flyght through active link by spending a key of the destination, only if it's your own faction.

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

This seems like the only reasonable way to enable a drone to travel through a link.

• RobertoXVIIRobertoXVII ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020

Jumping with a key would definitely seem reasonable. Or else you'll see people jumping their drones back and forth across the pacific several times over from those intercontinental links.

It will also allow for an agent to increase their jump flight distance fairly easy. Since there's no medal for it currently, I don't see an issue with this.

What do you all think about the ability to load one capsule into the drone and send it via link? It'll have the one hour cool down so I don't see it as being too OP. This obviously requires portals to belong to a friendly faction and runs the risk of being destroyed if no one is at the other end and requires that the sender has the key to the portal as well.

This also incentivizes taking down enemy links to destroy their possible shipping routes.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

To avoid travel so far, the travel distance by link could be limited. Just enough to prevent us of being trapped inside our cities. Even if it be up to 100km would be helpful for that use, and preventing extremely large links being created just for that reason.

We spotted a lot of dead ends in my city, because lack of portals in just 2km lines. Friends in small cities are unable to get over 3km. If travel by link were possible we could explore the whole world, or at least our continent if there is a limitation on distance.

Others improvements I like to see in drones is a way to spot enemy's drones and attack them (with the drone). That will open a whole new metagame, without interfering the current. Instead of just hack, drones could have others actions, like scanning (or always show all drones by default) and attack, limited by one by hour you would have to choose carefully wich one to do: collect gear and raise your hack status or attack and force the recall of an enemy's drone.

Also, I'd to see drones having their own mods and ability nto interfere in portal output and defense somehow, like being able to help defending the portal they're standing causing damage to xm bar, or harm hack output to affect enemy's farms.

• Jumping through (own-faction) links seems very attractive. But when players start creating (long-distance) links to create drone highways, this could seriously interfere with fielding. I would like to see a 10-day global challenge during which drones can traverse own-faction links. With a tiered medal (10 km, 100km, 1000km) for furthest drone distance.