Drone Net This is a wonderful way to equate honest players with cheaters.

GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭

Spoofing is used to transfer keys and items, as well as to remotely capture portals. What prevents adding these functions to drones? With reasonable limitations, of course.

You can also install missing mods from the drone, this would level us with cheaters using two accounts.

Let's think together on this topic.

@NianticBrian - уour comment is also very important to us.

Comments

• GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020

In this game for a long time there is no balance. cheaters put 4 modifiers in a portal, and when flying, they get any key from any portal. What kind of balance are you talking about when some get everything and others just play by the rules, which are constantly violated? And why don’t you advocate changing the balance, in the direction where cheating will be pointless?

• AzhreiaAzhreia ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not talking about those that exploit the game contrary to the intended purpose.

And I'll have you know, I'm a strong advocate for implementing measurers to stop/limit/frustrate cheaters. I'm well aware of that damage they cause, as I'm one of the people working daily to correct those actions. It would be nice if that work wasn't needed.

• GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭

So far, honest players will have limitations that can be overcome by a cheater (by making 8 more accounts on their conditional grandmothers, nephews, granddaughters of their aunt, flying to a distant portal, attacking simultaneously from two smartphones holding them in both hands) and so on ... So while cheaters will have an advantage in the game there will be no ballance. Why not make the current balance in the game useless for cheaters? If there are people who can get any key from any portal, why should honest players not have this? Why can't they put as many modifiers as cheaters? Why can cheaters demolish a remote portal and we can’t? Maybe the whole problem is not so much in cheaters as in balance?

The balance that allows cheating is the reason, and cheaters are already a consequence. It’s like a bunch of harmful viruses in a weak body. And instead of tempering the body’s health, you are trying to develop an antibiotic that, as we know from practice, viruses bypass over time by simply changing their structure with the help of adaptation.

I believe that a drone system will help us balance the balance.

• The only thing that seems fair to ask of the drone feature is "Double Output" for hack/glyph hack. So it wouldn't be just a badge saver.

• GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭

It seems to me that cheaters are against equalizing them, with us honest players. I do not consider you a cheater personally.

• GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020

I want to play a fair game where game mechanics are equivalent to all players. I am categorically against using two or more accounts, I am categorically against changing coordinates. But every day I see a mechanism that allows cheaters to surpass honest players.

In simple ways. Here is an example from Russia (with love)))). https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=759623&st=7780

And this trouble is not in people, it is in the mechanics of the game.

As long as there is the possibility of obtaining an advantage by dishonest means, bad people will use it, people have such a nature.

Therefore, I am for the processing system installation modifiers and resonators. And yes, I stand for drones that will help get the same benefits as spoofers. Within reasonable limits, of course.

Post edited by GreenVam on
  • HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you also wanna live in a world where everything is free so you don't need to steal anything?

• GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭

I will give you an example. If an honest player and cheater can put an equal number of modifiers into the portal, will it make sense to cheat?

If a simple player can send a drone at a low speed, somewhere at 10 kilometers a day, to any portal, will he have a desire to change coordinates, open root access and so on? I deeply doubt it.

edited June 2020

Yes, because cheating would still be easier and faster.

Should every single player be able to make l8 portals alone?

• GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭

The level system has long been obsolete. Remove levels, leave only the power of the portal which can equally increase both an honest player and a cheater. And the rest, the strength of weapons, shields and other things, make dependent on the level of the player. 1 type of bombs, 1 type of ultra-strike, 1 type of shields. but make more weapons, more modules, more different items in the game.

• Why not shut down the entire game while you're at it

• One aspect where Drones would definitely help me is accessing a portal inside the university campus. One of the opposite faction is single player in that closely guarded collage. He used those bunch of INSIDE portal to host HUGE 100s of Kilometres fields. This hamper the game continuously for months for a very big territory. I pass by the road daily but can’t do anything about it. They are well visible in game. There are couple of captive portals all over the city. Making them accessible would definitely make me visit more places . ;)

Now considering that you can jump only to portal visible within map only, it’s not like random player would be able to jump ocean and reach an island. So those who made effort to visit isolated island are still protected.

There is nothing to fear the drone. Game must evolve to keep it interesting. Drones seems very promising.

Considering this aspect I have tough months agora about new weapons acting like grenade/mortar, that can be trow at distance. With the addition of drones, there could be some kamikaze drones, with just one jump and explode. Or the drone could act as a targeting system, guiding a new typo of weapon to attack a portal in sight of a player.

• The drone can also help the player hack portals instead building that are currently closed due to COVID-19. Also it might help us report invalid portals. For example if you can only access a portal by using a drone and it is in an unsafe location or on private property than it probably should be reported

• It can also help you hack portals while waiting for raid battles in Pokémon GO

• it also has a cool down so you can’t abuse it

• There are two types of players. Players who wanna play the game and players who wanna win the game.

In both cases, there players who will focus in get an advantage they think is just to improve their game experience. In their thinking it's not a cheat, only an advantage.

And they never will think it's a cheat because of the Dunning-Kruger effect, they will never realize they are cheating. If you don't know about, you should read about this effect, it's astounding.

So, if the mechanics change to the point that the "advantage" become part of the gameplay, these players will focus in search for another advantages to be (in they heads) in the top of the game.

And if the game keeps changing to adapt to that "advantages", cheat slowly will become a right thing to do.

So there will always be a new way to cheat, and the cheater will never learn the lesson.

Niantic should became effective at identifying the cheaters and punish them.

In magic the gathering, as soon as a new cheat was discovered, new rules were made to prevent the exploit, and eventually the cheater gave up, because he lost interest and moved up to other card game.

• GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭

Friends, I have the feeling that you are protecting people who play from two smartphones at the same time, fly with a coordinate change, and so on.

A niantic cannot ban a cheater using timing, a niantic cannot ban a cheater that plays from two smartphones at the same time, a niantic cannot ban a person who puts 8 resonators in a portal.

When I walk half a day on foot to a portal through a forest that cannot be reached by car due to mountains of mud, fighting off a pack of dogs, and then, late in the evening, a young girl fears nothing and demolishes the portal ... what do you think the niantic did something ? It did nothing.

Therefore, I say that such a struggle with cheaters is useless, and alas, no other.

I really get the feeling that most of those who don’t want drones receiving keys from remote portals like to play with a coordinate change themselves.

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

What you are suggesting isn't a solution at all. Cheaters will still be there and honest players will still point at them.

I don't think "ofuscating" the gap will solve any of this. Games are intended to be played and have fun while you play them. If a cheater can prevent you from having fun you are either playing the wrong game or a missconception of fun.

And I feel sorry for you because you will never realize this.

• AzhreiaAzhreia ✭✭✭✭✭

Solid argument there.... because we don't agree with your opinion we must be cheating ourselves.... whut?

• GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭

Well ... from your words it turns out that this is normal, or I would even say it is permissible that some, selected people have a bunch of keys to remote portals at any time, they can destroy any portal in the world, but other, honest honest players should not never get such a functional.

Normally, some fly while others drive for the key for half a day.?

Tell me why, to win, I, as an honest player, should not be likened to those selected agents who fly, collect keys everywhere, and destroy any portal?

And explain to me, if you are for the equality of players in the game, then how would you like to achieve this?

And when you answer my questions, go through the forum and read how the niantic “successfully” fights against cheating. Many forums have topics that discuss how to start ingress having a root, a program that adds a joystick to the screen and a coordinate change. And mind the cheaters no longer even think of hiding, both in Pokémon and in ingress. They are not afraid of the Niantic. One remote account is replaced by another, a third. Or like in some cities people fly for years and they are not banned.

• AzhreiaAzhreia ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sorry, but I do not think that allowing every player the ability to cheat is a viable solution. As others have already said, there are rules to every game, and there are cheaters who try to exploit those rules and mechanisms.

If you think cheating is the only way to achieve balance, then it's time to uninstall this game and go play something else. Like candy crush. You'd do well in that, I'm sure.

You may not see the bigger picture of the successes Niantic has in fighting cheaters. What you see are the ones that slip through. It's always going to be an arms race to try and stay ahead of the latest cheating software, and nothing is ever going to be perfect.

If you want to fly, just do it. Apparently you don't need Niantic's consent to have fun.

The game is fun enough without cheat and most people enjoy it that way. Just because cheats exists, it doesn't mean that it should be officially incorporate to the game.

That said, I really don't understand the fun of playing a location based game by cheating (specifically ingress). It's literally drawing triangles in a map. It doesn't even provide extra game features like collections, bosses, etc, things that look like a regular game. In Pokemon they can at least pretend they're playing (a worse) Gameboy rpg version but online. But in ingress is just for spite and hatred, there's plenty of better things to do while at home.

• GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭

Even the vanguard believes that if you want to fly, just take and fly, but do not equalize cheaters and honest players. Do you really want cheaters to have an advantage over honest players?