Urban Glyphtionary

KorzhakKorzhak ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2019 in General

Obviously the sequence below [PG-13 version] is Shield, Rocket, Champagne Cork, Bowtie, but what ridiculous names have you come up with to remember the contents of the Glyphtionary?

Images lovingly stolen from glyphtionary.com

Comments

• TerranceTerrance ✭✭✭

My glyph vocabulary includes ears, pins, assorted bowties (some a bit worn), a few slashes of varying angles and lengths, many triangles, some hexagons, and a spiral. Oh, and toast, I know that one. 😅

• BarthaxBarthax ✭✭✭

My wife uses "Harry Potter Sorting Hat" for "Shapers". :P

• The "imperfect" glyph took me a long time to figure out how to draw.🥴

I was so mad at that glyph i named it "pis-lort"

which is Danish, and translate Into something like "p..is...s ....sh...it".. (sorry for The typing - Some filter wont let me post bad words)

• Base, ship, legacy (somehow remembered that one), infinity. .... A lot of zigs and zags

• Patka07Patka07 ✭✭✭✭

It's mix of fictitious and real names for me:

Envelope, pac-man, kite, triangle, 'U', human, lie, have, future, etc.

But my favourite is: human have strong path

• vidiconvidicon ✭✭✭✭✭

Like many agents, I followed a progression from using entirely fake names to using a mix of fake & real names, to eventually using exclusively real names. Fake names are a good crutch early on, and can work pretty well on shorter sequences, but my accuracy was always terrible on 5-glyph sequences until I learned the real names. I strongly encourage agents to try to learn the real words - the glyph sentences mostly make sense if you translate them.

• SonicgottSonicgott ✭✭✭✭

Unbounded = Cinnamon Roll

• KorzhakKorzhak ✭✭✭✭✭

I know what I'm having with coffee in the morning!

• The first one is "Home plate."

"Technology" was "tepee" for a while.

"Equal" is still "Table" to me.

"Harmony/Peace" is "wizard thing", no idea why, it just worked for me.

"Civilization" is "open package"

"Portal" is "big bowtie"

"Perfection/Balance" is "Pendant"

"XM" is "crushed box"

I'm sure there are more I named myself, but those are the ones I remember with a quick scan.

• daethnirdaethnir ✭✭✭

I'm very much in the "same word for multiple glyphs" camp. Somehow my brain remembers which it is even when I use the same word.

All of these are 'mountain' for me:

• daethnirdaethnir ✭✭✭

These are all "javelin"

:

• daethnirdaethnir ✭✭✭

But these have ... more interesting names for me.

Scary Clown:

Grumpy Cat:

Power Up (aka mushroom):

Prince (the artist no longer formerly known thereas)

Cancer (ribbon campaign)

There are some more colourful names I won't put here, but they do lead to interesting combinations when you have alternate words. ;-)

• IshiraIshira ✭✭✭✭✭

Hahahaha I love this one. This will help me with my new agents that come into the journal

• Hammer and Scissor :-)

• My community refers to 'Knowledge' as 'Pontiac,' which makes the sequence 'Human Legacy Abandon Old Pontiac' a lot more funny. I have that sequence on a shirt now.

Also, they call 'Body' 'Panties.' Both are pretty funny :P