What is your AP gained per hack?

grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

I realize not all AP comes from hacking, but if you think about it, it kind of does. The resonators and mods you deploy, the xmp, you burst, the links and fields you create from keys, the extra AP you get from glyphing.... Really the only AP not from hacking is recharging using lantent xm from the ground and using items given to you from other agents. Even the level up kits are the result of AP gained from items used that were hacked.

If you take your total lifetime AP and divide it by your total number of hacks, you should see how much worth of AP you are getting out of each of your hacks. How well are you using your hacks and the items given to you in them?

Mine isn't as impressive as I hoped.... It's just 1063.85

Comments

• Patka07Patka07 ✭✭✭✭

It is little more complicated, not all my hacks are with glyphs, and that ones with glyphs not always correctly done. Sometimes I hack enemy portal and receive 100ap, with res portals I won't earn that. So that math will not give me adequate number I seek.

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

@Patka07 well it's kind of an average so yeah, it's always going to flux but after playing for awhile it should settle in a range. Tap hacks on a level 1 portal are going to always yield less AP overall than a glyph hack for more keys on a level 8 portal. This is more about how you use the product of your hack for AP gained.

• would be a number very far from the real thing since there are agents that can hack more with glyph than a simple hack

• DeoreDXDeoreDX ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

[fake quote] It is little more complicated, not all my hacks are with glyphs, and that ones with glyphs not always correctly done. Sometimes I hack enemy portal and receive 100ap, with res portals I won't earn that. [/end fake quote]

I don't believe he means literally how much you get per hack but more of a philosophical topic of how much AP do you get per hack based on the items and AP you receive per hack. So if I hack an enemy portal I could get 100AP and a resonator which turns into 125AP for a total of 100+125=225AP. Or I hack my own portal get a key and a resonator which turns into a link and a deployment for 313+125 = 438AP.

Yes. How much AP arevyou gaining from using your hacks. I am at item cap so there is so much more potential AP gain tied into my inventory right now, if I found the right place to fire off all my bursters and deploy all my resonators and Max link. But I haven't gained it yet

• Patka07Patka07 ✭✭✭✭

69 483 615 ap ÷ 61 396 hacks = 1 131,7287

That's what you mean't?

@Patka07 1131.72 per hack. Not bad

• SonicgottSonicgott ✭✭✭✭

When I glyph, I usually get 420AP, my highest on my iPhone X being 443AP. Smaller phones that have smaller glyph screens you can get higher AP per glyph, because it takes less time to make lines. Glyphing on tablets is *very* inefficient, and I don't recommend playing Ingress on a tablet.

• Patka07Patka07 ✭✭✭✭

In my case this could be bigger number, but I'm lazy person sometimes and hack portals without glyphing.

• DeoreDXDeoreDX ✭✭✭

816AP/Hack

• GlenuendoGlenuendo ✭✭✭✭

Once I hit Onyx on Translator, I may go back to simple hacks.

• I grok what you're getting at.

My current AP is 4,615,330.

My current number of hacks is 4,765.

4,615,330 ÷ 4,765 = ~968 AP per hack.

I'll have to see if I can break 1,000 per. Thanks for the new goal 😉

• ioHpeiHioHpeiH ✭✭✭

O wow. A “mine is bigger then yours” thread :-)

81.569.818 / 70.997 = 1149 AP per hack

• DrThodDrThod ✭✭✭

1239.44 (14689/11847). I assume this will likely grow now that I have started glyph hacking proper.

What drives the score / what lowers it?

Recycling ;lowers the score

Field improve it

Glyph hack can yield up to 4-times the amount of items (level 8) and increases it a lot.

Fracker increase it even further

There is also AP efficient or inefficient deployment of items (I might write an article about that soon). The best I can think of - just using resonators:

Glyph Hack a P8 for an average of 12 resonators. Deploy each of them on a neutral portal. That makes 12 x 625 = 7500 AP for each hack - not counting any bursters, mods or keys for further AP.

@DrThod you don't get AP for upgrading your own resonators though. You only get 1700ap for full deploying a portal.

• Please don't base any decisions or judgements on players based on this number... it is akin to making decisions based on a Myers-Briggs result. You can't just put players/people into neat little containers. Playstyles/lifestyles are many and varied. I wouldn't even bring it up, but this ratio was used as a piece of evidence when deciding if certain players were anomalous and therefore "probably cheating."

• Interesting idea, I come up with 1540 per hack.

• Chicken3ggChicken3gg ✭✭✭

Is there a open Agent-stats group everyone could join?

• ManiacDManiacD ✭✭✭

@Chicken3gg In agent-stats you can go into Groups and select Leaderboard <badge type> to join the global group of that badge

• Since the beginning of my journey I had given preference to the gliph hack because I live in rural areas and did not use opponents and also because of the chance to see more rare items in bonuses.

After I was able to unlock the black translator medal I went on to make more simple hacks to be able to speed up the Hacker medal score.

Result: 1,618.75369

• I've been on the decline lately in this regard

49793138 / 29356 = 1696.2

• RM256RM256 ✭✭
    edited June 2019

I sometimes feel almost like a weirdo since my current score is 2052.6 (112,153,287 AP, 54640 Hacks) 😊

In Agent-Stats it can't be displayed anymore since the x-range of the AP/Hack graph ends at 2000 😅

• vidiconvidicon ✭✭✭✭✭

It's all about what part of the game you are focusing on. Mine has dropped quite a bit recently as I just completed my push for onyx hacker, which meant tap hacking and recycling/donating a LOT, so I'm sitting at almost exactly 1000 AP/hack (lifetime). Now that I'm focusing on purifier as my next onyx, and also in getting the AP to get back to 16, that should start to climb again. If I get serious about onyx mind controller, it will go even faster.

• DigitalisDigitalis ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

how does your equation count the metric ton of items i have deleted with a full xm bar to keep hacking for specific level gear?

i have no way of knowing just how many thousands upon thousands of reso or xmp have been deleted at a full xm bar putting together the right ratio of gear for what i am going to go do next...

(56,822,058/133,801=424.6758843356)

• KhatreKhatre ✭✭✭✭✭

268.157.303 AP

146667 hacks

So that's a rounded 1829 :)