The sojourner in the time of the coronavirus!

On March 8, 2020, Italian Government prohibited free movements of people except for real needs.

Italian Ingress players who cannot reach a portal from home have lost or will lose their sojourner medal count.

The health situation is serious and Italian players will respect the law.

Niantic, be close to Italian Ingress players! Stop counting the sojourner medal and bring the count back to the value before March 8, 2020, until the end of the emergency.

#COVID-19 #INGRESS #andràtuttobene

Comments

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

See also this recent discussion: https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/9927/pandemic-social-distancing-and-sojourner-stats#latest

If I were king, I would change sojourner so that starting up the scanner counted.

• What you're saying is true and I think exactly like you,but some Agents asked me to ask this question and I did it.

I'm going to tell him your words. :)

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

My friend-enemy and I have both been chatting about the long term work around to retain player engagement

True players have lost Sojourner due to natural disasters and such. But nothing on this scale.

And we need everyone who currently enjoys ingress to keep playing even when cities and nations have been completely locked down. This is much more difficult for Ingress than WU and Pogo, as the game server still hasn't been upgraded.

However, seeing as Niantic have provided WU and Pogo players a temporary work around, it will take more effort on their part to impart ingress with similar mitigation measures

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

Ninatic will need to change the core mechanics of the game to keep players engage during this period where everyone is avoiding any unnecessary travel (without having to resort to spoofing). However, any change to the core mechanics or anything that affects the BAF meta (such as changing the scoring system to favor more localized play) in general is extremely unpopular in certain quarters.

• ShilfiellShilfiell ✭✭✭

If purchase of a one-time, one month tappable object that could be placed at the owner’s discretion was possible, I’d definitely purchase. Ideally the object would not produce objects, could not be used for deployment or links, and would not be visible in Intel or comms to protect agent home location privacy. I’m well over 200 days into my current Sojourner streak and the last long break I took from Ingress I took because I broke streak.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

It's easier to do a "buy a hack" at the store. During the epidemic they could give it for 0cmu, but during regular days put it at a higher cost, like the price of a tracker or higher, but with limitations like once a month.

This is just an idea, I'm actually against it. **** happens.

• wikkedimpwikkedimp ✭✭✭

I think stopping the clock for a week or a month and re-evaluate to see if more time is needed might work. but that's just my opinion