TESSERA Round 8 - Preview
The Tethered Hand mentioned for Round 8, we will be seeing more clues similar to the ones we had in the beginning. Apart from that, there will also once again be some new rules:
- Each targeted Tessera will be assigned a base Prediction Window. Only the Discoverers that retrieved the Tessera within the Window will get a chance to make placement predictions. It does NOT require both factions to be within the window this time.
- Each globally dropped Tessera will be linked to a targeted Tessera. Every 100 screenshots of the Tessera posted in the appropriate thread will add 30 minutes to the Prediction Window of the linked targeted Tessera. The thread will be closed, and the global Tessera will cease to be available in the wild, at designated times..
- Example: Global Tessera Perpetua's Departure is linked with targeted Tessera Dreamer. Base Prediction Window 1.5hr. The global Tessera drops at 17:00 UTC of Mar. 10th. The Tethered Hand gives us 8hrs to post as many of our retrieval in the forum thread within that time. By Mar 11th 01:00 UTC, both factions has gathered 345 posts in the thread. The Prediction Window for Tessera Dreamer now extends to a total of 3hrs.
I have also received news on the outcomes of "winning" the Tessellation. This will be addressed in a separate post.
The Tethered Hand has finally given me an update after a long silence. The requirements for the Global Drops and Prediction Window will be removed or postponed for a safer time. While you are en route to retrieve them, remember to keep your social distances as well as keep it to a solo operation.
As for Live Drops, apparently, TH already had a different scheme in plan even before the pandemic. To avoid gatherings of 10 and up, the physical Tesserae will now more likely be delivered through Dead Drops instead. They were scheduled to descend during the next Hexathlon, but now we do not know yet of the new timing.
For targeted Tesserae, your process for finding the target portal will be similar, but the method for retrieval will now be achieved through passcode redemption. A clue will still be posted on the forum, and the name of target portal (all lowercase, no space, no special characters) shown on the intel map will be the passcode to figure out. If in case the portal name is written in none Latin alphabet, there will be special instructions contained within the clue or the post.
With the NIA's most recent announcement, the outcomes for the Tessellation are in flux.
This is what I have for now. Staying safe and healthy is above all else, and who's to say Nemesis isn't fighting the same attack as we are right now.
In light of the increasing areas in quarantine, the Tethered Hand will be releasing the Global drops through passcode redemption as well. The passcodes won't be encrypted, but may not always be given directly in a forum post. Due to this adjustment, the Requirements of Placement Prediction is revived. The amount of time given to gather screenshot posts will also be shortened.
Example: Global Tessera Perpetua's Departure, is linked with targeted Tessera Dreamer. Base Prediction Window 1 hr.
- The passcode of the global Tessera is posted at 17:00 UTC of Mar. 17th.
- The Tethered Hand gives us 2hrs to post as many of our redemption screenshot in the forum thread.
- The clue for the targeted Tessera is posted at 18:00 UTC.
- By 19:00 UTC, The thread is closed. Both factions has gathered 345 posts in the thread.
- The Prediction Window for Tessera Dreamer now extends to a total of 2.5hrs, which means we have until 20:30 UTC to find which portal name is used to deliver the target Tessera.
Good luck Tesserae hunting in remote.