Portal accepted but not live

I had this portal accepted on 22nd February, 2020. It did not appear as a portal on ingress. I checked the forums to see why this might happen and it seems that were issues with portals going live. Recently the bug has been reported as fixed but my portal has still not gone live.

Nomination ID: NTh0CD45viPy2C2wN7fDqoSHHjKoa9NCR0KEXRwJ7Gc=

Category: portal accepted but not live

Title of the Portal: Notice Board, Spring Gardens

Location: 52.720611, -2.748028 Link to portal location on google maps. https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/52%C2%B043'14.2%22N+2%C2%B044'52.9%22W/@52.7206111,-2.7486943,339m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m6!3m5!1s0x0:0x0!7e2!8m2!3d52.720603!4d-2.748026

City: Shrewsbury

Photos to support your claim: Satellite view of the portal location.

Tagged:

Comments

• Proof of Acceptance in Wayfarer.

Proof of Email acceptance.

• I had checked the proximity of the other portals and there was not anything that would have prevented this portal from going live. Also If proximity was a problem I thought that it would tell me that in the acceptance or rejection email anyway.

• XQlusioNXQlusioN ✭✭✭✭✭

It won't in the Pogo mails.

It only does in Ingress mails.

• GodZillaz88GodZillaz88 ✭✭✭

I find GO is alot worse at making active portals / Pokestops I have complained in another thread

Even when portal is nowhere near anything it says approved and nada months later

Resubmit in Ingress and it goes in game

Either way its better to submit via Ingress as it shows your name on portal pic + you get credit in game. Why does GO not have a badge for submit / review?

• I think I will probably trying to resubmit it through ingress then. Thanks

• GodZillaz88GodZillaz88 ✭✭✭

Another question I want which is related to subject thread

I have a theory as to why Ingress is easier to submit than Pokemon GO is and wonder any feedback / corroboration from the group

If I submit two seperate portals in Ingress and they are accepted they both appear in Ingress. Sometimes these portals are too close together and only one will show up in Pokemon. So I am thinking the reverse is also true and that is possibly what is screwing up the system; If I submit a third eligible WayPoint via Pokemon GO, it gets accepted and it IS far enough away (as per Ingress) to go in game. But since too close to go in game (as per Pokemon) it somehow (bug?) is not populating in Ingress either. Has anyone managed to successfully submit a portal through GO that only shows up in Ingress?

• As far As I am aware the only thing stopping an accepted portal from going live in ingress is its proximity to another portal, I dont remember the exact distance, but I believe its 20 metres from another portal. Pokemon Go and Ingress use different rules regarding how many point of interest(portals or pokestops and gyms) within an S2 cell of a particular level(Level 17). Ingress does not have a limit for how many points of interests can fit in a Level 17 S2 cell. Pokemon go you can only have one Point of interest per level 17 S2 cell, so not all portals become pokestops or gym. If this does not explain what you are refererring to then I have no idea,

• I have resubbitmed the portal and it went live this time. Not sure what the issue was first time, but it does not matter anyway now. All sorted.