Message to submitter?

When i see a submision that i think is legit, although it has a bad picture/description i type that in the aditional feedback at the bottom of the revieuwpage, becausse i thought the submitter would receive that, and could resubmit with a better picture/description,... if it wasnt accepted. Is this useful or just a waste of my time?

Comments

• GearGliderGearGlider ✭✭✭✭✭

The additional feedback field is not showed to the Submitter unfortunatly, that field is just used by Niantic internally.

If the Submitter nominated the Wayspot in English, they’ll see the reject reasons that the reviewer chooses from the list.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

I strongly believe that it's just a pacifier, since the system is automated.

• Ok, thanks your answers. Will save me some time during revieuwing

• FuzzySunFuzzySun ✭✭✭

If it's a legit submission but the photo or description could be better, it shouldn't be getting rejected anyway.

• So if i know there is a statue on that location, but the picture is taken in the night and you can barely see theres something i should accept?

Hell no! My perfect pictures with added photospheres where neccesary and perfect explanation in local language, french and english keep getting rejected, so i keep rejecting things that are unclear....

• Btw, if i think its legit ill accept, i just wrote a "personal" message to submitter uf it didnt got accepted what he could do better.....

If I can't see the object clearly in the picture, is a reject for me.

If it's just ugly it will depend.

What's happen very often it some people taking just a small portion of a large building as the main picture and them as the support it takes a perfect picture... I also deny those.

• FuzzySunFuzzySun ✭✭✭

Then you're making up your own rule, which is bad reviewing.

I'm not making my own rule. There's already a rule about bad pictures.

Using a statue as example is it acceptable if I submitted only the foot as main picture? And them a full panoramic view as support?

• FuzzySunFuzzySun ✭✭✭

There's a rule talking about pictures where the photo is so dark or blurry one can't tell what the candidate is. You've made up your own rule, and when you mentioned it you were talking about large buildings, not about the foot of a statue. Why don't you give a real example of what you have been rejecting while going off-piste?

The rule it's about low quality picture, open to many possibilities and interpretations. It is not specific about being inside a car or too dark, thats examples. You're talking like if a take from the inside of a train or plane it will be ok, since it's not a car. Of if a take extremely bright and white picture, because the sun, it's also ok, since it's not pitch black since white/yellow isn't black. 😂😂

If the picture is bad and is failing to represent the location, it deserve a lower rating, because the could be a duplicate submission in review with a better picture and get the advantage. The same goes for all criterias.

• FuzzySunFuzzySun ✭✭✭

You mention some good other examples of the point that a candidate should be rejected if the photo does not show it adequately to allow reviewers to make their assessments. If a photo is adequate but a reviewer thinks they would have taken a better photo, that is not a reason to reject a submission. That much is crystal clear in Niantic's guidance.

Who judge if it's adequate or not? The reviewer. In my case that's myself.

I'm gonna stop discussing this theme for now. My opinion about it was already stated in many different occasions, and not willing to have a cat-dog right now. My wayfarer rating metter still at green/great since the begging and my approval rate of submission is also very right, and leaned a lot by the refused ones, with many of them being approved after a redo with better quality and effort applied to it.

If you believe that a huge cathedral can be approved with a picture of it's bathroom's door, rate it 5* and keep going. Someday someone might take a picture of the whole building and easily upvote it to became the main (if the previous one didn't have a abusive number of thumbs up to make a gym, of course, but that a whole other discussion, right?).

• FuzzySunFuzzySun ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

Fine, but your example of the cathedral bathroom has nothing to do with what I said. If a photo is good enough to show what the candidate is and if it properly represents the candidate then the submission should not be rejected by someone just because they think they would have taken a better photo. Local players (maybe even the hated PoGO players with Ingress accounts) can submit a better photo later, as the guidelines state.

Cathedrals can have multiple valid points of interest (my local one does), but a POI titled "[Wherever] Cathedral" should have a photo showing the whole building.

As for large building submissions, I think it's perfectly valid to submit a close-up of a building's sign (a sports club, for example) as the portal image and a photo showing the whole building as the supporting image. In many cases such a sign wouldn't be legible in-game in a photo showing the whole building, and the building itself might not be anything special to look at.