Mod suggestion: under-field link amp

The major complaint against big fields is that you cannot link portals which are under a field. Hardly anyone complains that you cannot li k across them.

So: a mod that let's you link portals which are under a field. This could be an all new mod or a new use added to one of the existing link amps.

Obviously, the portal you are linking from would need the mod on it.

Portals linked together under the same colored field would not add to the global MU score. Portals linked together under an enemy field would add to global MU score.

This would both allow micro fielding, and fielding by agents who are always under a field. It might also encourage putting "anchor" portals for larger fields inside portal dense areas more often, or setting up big fields that cross portal dense areas, as you still won't be able to cross links.

Tagged:

Comments

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭

I disagree with any possibility of linking from portals under fields. That's a fundamental rule which should not be altered. Otherwise this will make many kinds of field arts and fielding much easier, which is not what I want.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

I prefer ap boost or increase hacking output for the same faction under the field, and extra damage/xm consumption for the other faction. And anyway to make large fields more expensives, like extrafast decay and needing more mods.