Way More New Agents 🐸?

jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

Way more new agents in Sweden select 🐸? Not good for ingress and balance when we are mutch more of 1 team in Ingress Prime.

Have something to do Enlightened are first or left side in Ingress Prime when people begin Ingress Prime and select new team or about main character in Ingress animated series are Enlightened?

Comments

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you afraid?

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020

Balance bad when more agents on 1 team now more new players often select 🐸 in Sweden. If more new people in Sweden had select Smurfs not good for balance.

Agents here know or can guess way lots more new people select 🐸 in Sweden?

• I'm sure you have statistics to back that up? 🐸

Without statistics data, I would say that the Resistance community nits just weaker and not as engaging as the enlightened there.

Are those ENL newcomers or recruited? How could you know that?

Maybe once a new ENL appears nthe community go talk and embrace him to teach the basics and he became an active player, while the Resistance don't do that. Who knows?

Green and blue are very similar colors, they are probably choosing the one they like more, or based on the description and symbol aesthetic. Who knows?

User initial choice It's always close to 50/50 in the end. The difference is that not everyone keep playing, ending up with unbalanced amounts zones.

• RasundaRasunda ✭✭
    edited February 2020

TC are you drunk? I had a friend install ingress. I told him to choose green. He called me right after installing it and told me he was blue! He could later choose green. In Sweden.

• I dont know how redacted worked, but in Prime all agents starta as blue. Of course I cannot speak for whole sweden, but in my hometown it seems it is more green ”active” players than blue.

In green team ”verified agents”, (that I know and visitors etc) I think we have in total 14 ”new” players the last year 2 did factionchange, 8 were recruited, and 4 are old players returning. They didnt play much 2 years ago but were recruited back.

In res. Team they have 7 new the past year that I know of. 4 new players, 2 factionchange and I think 1 recruited.

Cannot say why it is such difference. And of course I may have missed someone 😱 and beg pardon for that beforhand 🙈

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

Lots of agents in Sweden talk about new agents in Prime are 🐸 (Green) if more new agents are 🐸 not good for balance when we get more agents of 1 team in lots if city in Sweden.

Way new Agents are 🐸? Somthing about animation serie or Enlightened are first or left side in Prime? Heard agents talk about Enlightened are on left side or first when we start read from left side in Sweden.

• I have seen a few episodes of ingress anime and I dont think that show could have switched more people to green.. haha the creepiest guy of them all is green. Maybe green team has been more active in recruting. Me my self was recruited and with me came 4 friends. So it could just be that a ”lucky” recruitment could mean a lot in a comunity as small as ours. I was actually dared to start ingress, and all 4 of my friends reached lvl8+. But as I have come to understand the game switches. For two years ago my hometown were azurblue and our neighbour town were green like Irland. Today it is the opposite.. it could very well change again.

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

Lads, this is very easy: people leave at the exact moment they decide Ingress it's not a way of life but just a game.

Would you play a game that feeds you nothing good? Those who have no feeling for this game just look for another game, it is just as easy.

If your feelings are rooted on opposing team, then it sounds like you are now paying off your choices made under a wrong criteria.

Peace.

• sspp0000xxsspp0000xx ✭✭
    edited February 2020

In Oslo/No we've had a bunch of ENL that came from Team Valor in Pokemon go around and recruit from their old pogo team, so most new players seem to be ENL.. even if we statistically have a majority of RES players here.

Also, apparently some new players chose ENL "because it was easier to get AP since there's more RES players / blue portals to s h o o t down"...

Maybe it's some of the same stuff going on over there?

Edit: really? "**** down" is censored? s h o o t !

• Even though this sounds way more like assumptions than actually knowing there are for sure way more new ENL players in your area, some quite obvious suggestions:

• Try to count actual statistics to find out whether this is indeed real or not
    • While meeting new players, see if you can find out why they did select their particular faction and see if there's any common theme
    • Find ways to improve your faction's local recruiting game
  • GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

So much work!

Why working so much for that when a single spoofer from any faction can bring down all your work?

All you can do is share your experience, the rest is up to each other.

• ExploderiExploderi ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020

Well, ultimately it's easier to try to address issues if initial background work is done to identify whether the perceived issue is real and if that's the case, identify some key details about the causes.

Of course doing nothing or just talking about the possible bias on new incoming frogs are options too, but way more unlikely to result to anything changing.

As for the futility of everything and spoofers, many (most?) things in life are ultimately ephemeral; no matter how many times I clean up my home, I always have to soon do that again. We as individuals can give up, or shrug and just keep on **** in Ingress / housekeeping chores / whatever, or try to figure out ways to make them less frustrating, or go for some other option, depending on whatever feels personally like the sensible or fun choice.

(edit: oh, the just slightly overtly trigger-happy automated censor wordlist strikes again...)

• Prime is designed to make you blue to start with and then let you "choose" to go green later. You have to actually put effort in to be ENL now, so whatever Sweeden RES are doing, it's offputting.

• in Belgium it's the other way around. more res newcomers. i guess due to the tutorial