Something screwy is going on with the database

So someone ada'd a portal this morning at around 6:35 this morning I owned and I noticed the portal I had linked to it had dropped a key to it. It was going to be a long night and I got back tonight at that portal where the key dropped at 22:45 tonight and what do you know, that key was still there. Aren't dropped items supposed to decay at around 12 hours? This thing was almost at 18 hours laying on the ground.

Tagged:

Comments

• JudyBJudyB ✭✭✭

I think that a more accurate description is that dropped items may decay after around 12 hours.

I've heard people suggest that there is a server job to remove dropped items that will run twice a day to remove items

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

I think that a more accurate description is that dropped items may decay after around 12 hours.

Decay should happen 12 hours after it initially drops.

I've heard people suggest that there is a server job to remove dropped items that will run twice a day to remove items

LOL! I've never heard anyone say that. That sounds like pure speculation on someone's behalf and would defeat the purpose of having the street sweeper clean up stuff. And I can't say I've seen that recently, as I've been leaving caps full of gear on the ground for the past few years (outside of anomalies times) for long periods of time when I was doing fielding or attending a FS.

@Brit0martis

In the past, it often would stay on the ground longer if the server was being stressed by an event where many actions were currently occurring overall in game. I saw this behavior in the past few events. I mentioned it once or twice, then gave up as it was never acknowledged by anyone from Niantic.

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭

I heard it's up to 24 hours. I once saw a key lying on the floor from a noon to the next morning when I picked it up.