Soujourner Status !!

I know this is probably going to earn me a load of disagree points but what the hell...

How Many Sojourners have been lost so far due to the recent bugs and what was your longest attained/current day count

last time I could get into the app mine was longest/current = 65/66 (officially 66 days but it's the odd way the stats are registered)

Also how far have people walked since there accounts have been created including progress towards there soujourner.

Game registered 570km of Actual Walking for me.

This is just a post to take people's minds off things a little.

Comments

• royalravenroyalraven ✭✭
    edited February 2020

1,670 days on the sojourner. All on original/Redacted client from the beginning of the stat to the end of the client. Let it go with the switchover. No longer have to worry about having multiple functioning phones to have at the ready or getting that random hack when life doesn't want me/need me to go get it. Freedom really. Now I don't care as much about bugs or issues as I have tolerance. Somewhat proud of that stat, as it shows commitment to a goal, but it wasn't proving anything else inherently beyond my own curiosity.

I also don't live near a portal and always had to make the effort count.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually I would like to know if @NianticBrian or someone else at Niantic, who can provide a number of how many people are still going with their Sojourner since it came out.

• ArMyZArMyZ ✭✭

Dame here, sojourner hack count has been zeroed.

few hours ago were 145+.

I tried to ask for support but I had only remy’s timeout messages or explaining me what the sojourner is.

any real help and support? @NianticBrian, @NianticAndrew or @NianticCasey could you support us? Restore the correct counting and solve this frustrating bug!

thank you

• AzhreiaAzhreia ✭✭✭✭✭

Ops cannot restore Sojourner once it's lost. Even if it was due to a bug or other issue.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

When I cared about the status, I were always double checking to be sure. My flip hour was about 2pm, but I always tried for a morning and afternoon hack. Never trust yourself of the app if you care about this.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020

weird comment, what do u suggest they do then? everyone has their own personal time when sojourner kicks up, for me its usually 5-6 afternoon and i always check after if it goes up and it does.. 1200+ days for me atm.. Ofc u trust the app, if u hack daily morning and everning at least /or recharge i dont understand how ones sojourner can get lost since its a 24hour time window or less and the time to loser counter to zero goes a bit above 24 hours so doing it daily its almost impossible lose it otherwise i would have lost mine long ago...

• 02Harleytruck02Harleytruck ✭✭
    edited April 2020

Mine was going until yesterday...it looks like the recharge no longer going towards daily hack and I didn't realize while I was sick....oh well!

• I just recharged and my Sojourner incremented, so it is still working. No couch portals, so I haven't hacked or interacted with portals any other way.

Hopefully it's just a stat reporting anomaly and not that you lost your streak. What does your "Now" stat say for streak?

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, Prime doesn't always sync to the server as it is suppose to.

Restarting the app usually works

• Well if this is true & I cant doubt you on this Oh Wise One (that I must bow down to..soz couldnt resist) it should however be documented with the players input and what actually went wrong that caused it in the first place whether it was a bug or user error which can be seen from NIA OPS Super Computers and a solution to be created for the future via the support desk to investigate when this happens like a previous save state/recovery point on the stats within a certain time period as I guess everything is hacked/logged per portal/user account.

We just wouldnt want this "solution" abused by spoofers.

• When I queried this after i lost my soujourner the first time around at 14 days I was advised (after a bit of pushing on the issue) that the way it works (at the time) is you must hack a new daily portal within a 24 hour period from the LAST POINT of your LAST HACK. (Last Hack at 5pm Local time to 5pm Local time on the following day 24 hours so this is your hack window not as many people think of 12am to 12am) So this in theory should also apply to the temporary "recharge" hack but as @mortuus stated its also advisable to hack/recharge at least twice a day just to be on the safe side which I did follow this logic as well on the hack side and for me i was noticing the stats window was always 48 hours out of date when it updated between 7pm-8pm (my time) in the "All Time" and "Now" Tabs and it doesnt count in real time of the hack like ither stats do.

Hope that makes More sense.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

My medal and all time says 777, but on tab "now" it is showing 778. That's weird. I'm planning to stop at 777...

• One day more in the tab "now" means that is time to hack and increased the medal. It's a solution for tracking it since my first year in the Ingress I do that.

• Yeah thats sounds about right,when you hack/recharge for your third day the 778 will become your all time...you maybe lucky and stay at 777 but I suspect you will end at 778...let us know what you end at...however dont leave us @Hydraulinski

• Is it an actual 24HR window or have they changed something due to Covid?

I posted in other thread but I just tried to burst a field and nada happened

I can't even damage it right now

Maybe that is why some are losing recharges, if server is down or rules have changed for not playing late night / early morning?

(I plan to try again tomm morning so we shall see if intact)

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

i think its strickt 24hour window recharge.. and they did some server stuff lastnight, can explain glitchy gameplay nothing happens **** down etc..

• I still have not seen my increase; if I need to restart at 350 days that is a serious bummer

I cant blow up blue fields either

• I can’t deny that I am not annoyed.

Other night I noticed I can not destroy a blue field. Hacking it yields items but no AP. Hacking also appears to not count and my Sojurn streak looks like it’s over at 350.

I would have been less annoyed if it ended after I get badge.

Also I notice my quantum capsules have stopped making items for a few days now.

Bugs that wreck gameplay are so annoying.