Invalid photo - Fairmeadows Park South Entrance

Category: Portal Photo

Title of the Portal: Fairmeadows Park South Entrance

City: West Des Moines, Iowa

Current "main" photo (left side) is wrong. It was added on accident when trying to select a nearby portal with a similar name. The photo shows a pavilion on the background which can be seen on satellite at the north end of the park at approx 41.576326, -93.73667

Thanks, and please let me know if additional supporting evidence is required.

Tagged:

Comments

• Appeal Accepted- Thanks for the appeal, Agent. Based on the evidence provided, we’ve removed the invalid images from the Portal.

• GendgiGendgi ✭✭✭

@NianticKN thanks for the appeal. Unfortunately the photo in question is still there. What's worse is somebody 👍 the photo, so I can't even change it. This photo is extremely misleading, causes confusion, and is wrong. I'm embarrassed my name is on it, but I messed up when suggesting to add a photo due to the similarity of a nearby portal.

Please review and remove the photo!

• GendgiGendgi ✭✭✭

@NianticKali can you please review above?

Fairmeadows Park South Entrance has an incorrect and misleading photo attached to it. @NianticKN says they removed the photo, however it is still present on the portal.

Can you please remove it? Thanks!

• GendgiGendgi ✭✭✭

@NianticKN have you had the chance to review above? The incorrect photo is still attached to the portal. Can you please remove it?

• GendgiGendgi ✭✭✭

@NianticKN can you please review above when you have a minute?

Fairmeadows Park South Entrance at 41.572369, -93.734759 still has the incorrect photo attached to it, and it is the primary photo. Can you please remove that photo? It is incorrect and of a different sign several hundred meters away.

Thanks!

• GendgiGendgi ✭✭✭

I just double checked this Portal a few minutes ago and the incorrect photo is still there. Any chance you can review and make the proper adjustment, @NianticKN? Thanks!

• GendgiGendgi ✭✭✭

Hello, @NianticKN just checking in, again, and wondering if you've had a chance to further investigate why the wrong picture is still on this portal after my appeal was accepted. Thanks!

• Uh-oh! Sorry to have kept you waiting. It looks like the image is stuck around due to technical glitch, despite being deleted earlier. Would you mind up voting the right image for now, while we have a check on this?

Thanks for drawing our attention!

• GendgiGendgi ✭✭✭

@NianticKN as noted earlier I only have the ability to tie the vote. Frankly I'm afraid if your team doesn't address this soon it'll never be resolved, and it greatly affects local playability. It looks the same as a nearby portal and even both are gyms. This needs to be fixed. Can it be deleted and immediately readded?

• GendgiGendgi ✭✭✭

I made the appropriate vote on the correct image however as I said, it only places the two photos at a tie.

@NianticKN has this issue been properly raised to the Engineering team so that they may investigate it and remove the incorrect photo? Thanks!