Is a Bus stop portal material?

2»

Comments

• JudyBJudyB ✭✭✭

Niantic are keen to remove portals that are unsafe or on private residential property, but less concerned about portals that just aren't very good

• silverkalisilverkali ✭✭✭

@Jac1891 unfortunately as players there's not much we can do about that other than appeal. Niantic are always going to err on the side of caution when it comes to old portals on PRP since they lost that lawsuit.

• Jac1891Jac1891 ✭✭✭

@silverkali @YouLostAStar

Sorry, where can I find the rule that older portals must stay if they meet the safety rules but they aren't anymore eligible? 

• YouLostAStarYouLostAStar ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

It’s not that they must say but it was in an AMA that older portals are “Grandfathered over”. I’ve managed to get a few removed by reporting as invalid but Niantic won’t always remove portals when they change the criteria

• Jac1891Jac1891 ✭✭✭

Ok! Now it's more clear, thanks @YouLostAStar.

However i'm trying to get back an old portal that was legit since 2014, but it has been reported as "business activity" and removed by NIA.

Do you think they will add this portal againt? Sorry if i'm OT.

• MinzokuLeoMinzokuLeo ✭✭
    edited March 2020

Hey, resurrecting an old thread rather than make a duplicate, but what about "K i s s and Ride" stations? I've been seeing several in submissions, and they're sort of an in-between of bus stop and bus station... I can't decide 😐️

• Got a picture? That might help us give advice.

what I would say is end of the route bus stations are a yes but anything in between is most probably a no. Unless there’s any particular reason why that particular stop is more of a “hub” than other stops

• OchemistOchemist ✭✭✭

I’d definitely say that a **** and ride type location doesn’t meet any criteria, particularly if individual subway stations are necessarily eligible. An ordinary bus stop is a definite no.